• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POTPOURRI OF RANDOM COMICS

51 posts in this topic

PRICE: $60

HAP HAZARD # 19

Ace Magazines 1948

Condition: VERY GOOD

Supple Off White to White interior pages.

GRADING COMMENTS: Small circular chip out of the right side middle edge of the front cover (see penny). There is also a 1/2 inch spine split on top. There is small triangular chip out of the top right corner on the back cover and a chip off at the spine. Both interior covers show foxing. The back cover bottom right corner is there but it is folded over along with the adjoining page corner.

This thick 24-page comic is 100% complete with no restoration of any kind.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

PRICE $35 - 2 COMICS

SPIDER-MAN # 103 1971 Marvel --- SOLD ---

Grade: FINE / VERY FINE

Page Quality: SUPPLE OFF-WHITE / WHITE

GRADING COMMENTS: A tight & glossy book with very light spine wear. The bottom of the spine has a very small crease / line. The back cover has a small little patch of warpness on the bottom corner area.

SPIDER-MAN # 115 1972 Marvel

Grade: FINE / FINE PLUS

Page Quality: SUPPLE OFF-WHITE / WHITE

GRADING COMMENTS: A bit more than 'light' wear along the spine with light storage creases on front cover. light roughness on the bottom of the back cover.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

My above discount applies to books prior to this posting.

PRICE FOR THIS CLASSIC EC ROMANCE COVER IS $200.00

Modern Love # 8 (1950) EC Romance

Grade: Good

100% complete with no restoration.

FC looks nicer in-hand too!

Both staples attached with cream to off-white supple pages.

Higher grade FC offset by the 3 1/2 inch back cover tear, which tear extends all the way up to the page prior to the Centerfold.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

My above discount applies to books prior to this posting.

PRICE FOR THIS CLASSIC EC ROMANCE COVER IS $200.00

Modern Love # 8 (1950) EC Romance

Grade: Good

100% complete with no restoration.

FC looks nicer in-hand too!

Both staples attached with cream to off-white supple pages.

Higher grade FC offset by the 3 1/2 inch back cover tear, which tear extends all the way up to the page prior to the Centerfold.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

What a great presenting book for the grade/price, Roger! (thumbs u

ASKING PRICE $45.00

A HTF if not scarce romance comic. I love all the covers on this short lived series.

IDEAL ROMANCE # 8 - SOLD :)

KEY PUB. 1955

Condition: VERY GOOD MINUS ("SUPER" eye-appeal)

Supple Off-White interior pages.

GRADING COMMENTS: Glossy, very bright cover. Both staples have pulled completely through the back cover. Foxing on both interior cover sides and on BC. Some edge chipping. Handsome in-grade.

This comic is 100% complete with no restoration.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

PRICE $80

MY LOVE MEMOIRS # 11 --- SOLD ---

FOX FEATURE SYNDICATE 1954

Condition: FINE / VERY FINE (very nice eye-appeal)

Supple OFF-WHITE to WHITE interior pages.

Wally Wood art.

Story titles: I BARTERED WITH MARRIAGE - HE MISLED ME - I BROKE MY MOTHER'S HEART

The very common red bleed-through on the front cover (manufacturing issue with this publisher's paper) as well as some of the multiple interior page top-edge tears with small page chunks missing (also manufacturing) - do not distract from an otherwise fairly hi-grade 1950 Romance by Fox. I count approx. 6 interior pages with little rips, some pieces of paper missing and related problems on the top edges. Both covers have minor edge-corner wear with a tiny seamless little tear on the edge above the M in the title. The staples are in tight and are clean looking.

This comic is complete with no restoration of any kind.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

PRICE $70.00

TELL IT TO THE MARINES # 2 "..... the COBRA WOMAN!"

Toby Publishing 1952

GRADE: Good

Supple Off-White interior pages

Seller's Comments: The spine has some tattering, which has the front cover completely detached from both staples. The back cover is barely holding on to the staples by shreds of paper. Tight centerfold and nice interior pages. Chips out of the edges and some corners. Nicer back cover with date stamp on top back.

This comic is 100% complete with no restoration of any kind.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Asking Price: $400.00 or best offer

Free Priority shipping but only within CONUS

Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD #1 CGC 9.4 Ow-White pgs Jim Steranko story art cover

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Asking Price is $750.00 or best offer

with Free Priority Shipping within CONUS only.

Detective Comics # 108 (DC, 1946) CGC FINE 6.0 Cream to off-white pages.

Features Batman and Robin. Batplane and first Bat-signal cover by George Roussos.

My FC scan doesn't capture how much nicer it looks in-hand.

(clean case)

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

PRICE $60.00 or best offer - Priority shipping is $6.00 in CONUS only

THIS POST IS FOR 4 1968 Fantastic Four comics - ALL ARE COMPLETE WITH NO RESTORATION - I have owned these books for over 36 years.

MARVEL (1968)

# 72 - Very Good Plus - Tight, glossy and solid comic. Heavy scuffing along several sections of the spine shows paper loss with a tiny hole. Some light wear on both covers on an otherwise handsome book.

# 73 - Very Good Plus - What appears to be an old grease stain on top right corner of front cover, which permeates about 9 pages corners thereafter. Tight, glossy book with supple white pages. Nicer looking back cover. Front cover shows light over-all wear with more edge wear on the top left corner edge.

# 75 - Very Good Plus - Fairly tight and glossy book. Small little rough tear on the bottom left edge of front cover. Interior view of staples show little stains that coincide with the light rust on both staples. Light general over-all wear with creases on front cover. Nicer back cover, which displays some mottled off-coloring.

# 77 - Fine Minus - Super glossy, solid and fairly tight book with supple off-white pages. Light general wear on front cover with edge wear on top. Nicer looking back cover.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg