• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking to consign some Modern books - need experienced seller w/customer base

13 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am looking to consign some modern books (Adam Hughes variant covers, Dell-Otto covers and some other odds and ends). Most books at 9.6-9.8 blue slabs, but there are some yellows and a green mixed in. All books are in the $50ish range.

Looking for an experienced seller (eBay or other site is fine)! Must have proven track record. If this round works out I have a few other shipments from CGC headed my way for repeat business!

PM me if interested, thanks!

FYI - I have a strong sales history on here (see kudos thread) and can provide references upon request.

So how does that work? I'm just curious, I have my own stuff, not looking to sell consignment, and not big enough anyway.

Example Ebay sale: 100

net proceeds after ebay/paypal fees: 87

And then the consignment guy will want 10% of that (so subtract $8.70).

Thus from selling 100 book you would get around $78.30. Is that it? I ask because ebay can suck fees from you faster than a underpriced book gets snapped up in the "board only" forum. [can you tell I just finished a round of ebay auctions?]

So how does that work? I'm just curious, I have my own stuff, not looking to sell consignment, and not big enough anyway.

Thus from selling 100 book you would get around $78.30. Is that it? I ask because ebay can suck fees from you faster than a underpriced book gets snapped up in the "board only" forum. [can you tell I just finished a round of ebay auctions?]

As I understand it, the bigger your eBay store, the smaller the eBay fees. Large sellers and folks with their own sites should be able to offer a lesser cut out of the profits and still make money (essentially these just generate cash for them since they have $0 dollars tied up in their inventory).

That said, the percentage is negotiable. I wouldn't want to pay 23%, but we can talk if 10% is not enough.

10% of gross, not net

^ Excellent point, I stand corrected.

In reply to OP, I think ebay fees drop to 9% from 10% if you have a store.

I have not been able to ferret out any other discounts from that 9 % although higher amounts (several thousand) might qualify for something like 8% of FINAL VALUE for sale price in excess of the breakpoint (e.g. first $2,000 at 9 percent fee, rest at 8 %).

This topic is academic for me in your case, but the question is one I've given some thought to as well. I mean, I'd love to subcontract out the pain of grading/notes, scanning and admin, and then packaging and more admin, and ebay make everything a bit harder (at best) because everything through ebay is a chore - and they generally have seller-unfriendly policies.

Hello!

I am looking to consign some modern books (Adam Hughes variant covers, Dell-Otto covers and some other odds and ends). Most books at 9.6-9.8 blue slabs, but there are some yellows and a green mixed in. All books are in the $50ish range.

Looking for an experienced seller (eBay or other site is fine)! Must have proven track record. If this round works out I have a few other shipments from CGC headed my way for repeat business!

FYI - I have a strong sales history on here (see kudos thread) and can provide references upon request.

I've used Chip's-Comics with good experience and I know a few other board members have as well.

Hello!

I've used Chip's-Comics with good experience and I know a few other board members have as well.

Can you PM me his contact information? I am open to it, but would like to talk with him first. Thanks!

As I understand it, the bigger your eBay store, the smaller the eBay fees. Large sellers and folks with their own sites should be able to offer a lesser cut out of the profits and still make money (essentially these just generate cash for them since they have $0 dollars tied up in their inventory).

That said, the percentage is negotiable. I wouldn't want to pay 23%, but we can talk if 10% is not enough.

If Chip isn't interested:

I'd do all the work; selling the books on eBay via Buy It Now listings, for 12% off the top.

As long as the slabs are all CGC (or Voldemort) and are free of cracks, chips or other defects (excessive newton and any waviness) wherein returns would be a plausible issue.I'm not interested in selling any books/items that are not third party graded .(CGC or Voldemort).

By all the work, I mean I'd handle the creation of eBay listings & ship slabs out in return for 12% of the gross plus an additional 13% to cover eBay & PP fees.

Total I'd take from each sale would be 25% of the gross of each slab (shipping not factored in).

Shipping would be at exact cost to the buyer, I would absorb bubblewrap/packaging costs.You would get $0.00 from the amount that the buyer paid for shipping..

I would have to receive all of the slabs before I were to list them.

My eBay DSR is "Above Average".100% positive feedback with 0 returns, eBay feedback link is in my sig.

If that works for you, feel free to PM me.