• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kingdom Come, X-Men, Contest of Champions, FOOM, etc. on ebay...

15 posts in this topic

Listed various things on ebay last night...

Fantastic Four: Unplugged #'s 1-5 complete NM

Fantastic Four (vol. 3) #'s 60, 64-66, 72 NM

Daredevil (vol. 2) #'s 37, 39, 40 VF/NM

Doom 2099 #'s 21, 22, 24, 30 FN/VF

Doom 2099 #'s 11-13, 15-20 FN-NM

Doom 2099 #'s 1-10 FN-NM

The Thing: Freakshow (2002) #'s 1-4 complete NM

Fantastic Four: Fireworks #'s 1-3 complete NM

Captain America (vol. 4) #'s 4, 8, 10-14 FN-NM

Captain America (vol. 2) #'s 2, 7-13 VF/NM

Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty #'s 1-4, 8 NM

Damage Control (both) mini-series VF/NM

small Green Lantern misc. lot FN/VF

Thing/She-Hulk: The Long Night one-shot NM

Crisis on Infinite Earths #'s 4-6, 12 VF/VF+ Superman

Flash #305 VG/FN (GA Flash, Dr. Fate)

Captain America (vol. 3) #1 VF+

Captain America (vol. 2) #1 VF+

The Infinity Crusade #'s 1-6 complete VF/NM

X-Men: Omega one-shot NM

Kingdom Come: Strange Visitor, Mark Waid Alex Ross VF+

Contest of Champions (1982) #'s 1-3 complete FN/VF

Green Lantern/Green Arrow reprints #'s 1-7 complete NM

Avengers: Emperor Doom graphic novel TPB (VF-)

X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills graphic novel TPB (VF-) [1st printing!]

FOOM #21 - Star Wars cover! Science Fiction special!

FOOM #13 - Daredevil issue, Chris Claremont articles

FOOM #12 - Vision issue, Roy Thomas article

FOOM #10 - special X-men issue! Dave Cockrum cover!

FOOM #6 - Jarvis (Avengers' butler) issue, Roy Thomas

FOOM #5 - Thing issue, Chris Claremont article

Comic Book Marketplace #62 (August 1998)

Comic Book Marketplace #67 (March 1999)

Overstreet Comic Price Guide #31 (2001)

Green Lantern/Superman: Legend of the Green Flame VF/NM

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZtilleycs

They're all in great shape, but I can add grades to the auctions when I get home tonight (there's also a note I need to add to one of them, something I didn't notice until I was done listing everything, and was too tired to go back and do it last night). Are people as picky about the condition of stuff like this as they are with their comic books?

May be a dumb question, but do people generally care if there's an address label on them? Some of them do, some of them don't.

I don't care about the address label as that's indicative of these books since they were generally sent to FOOM members...but I also want to only attain really nice grade copies as opposed to a FOOM that was read a billion times or tacked to the wall...

These..as well as comics..are more desired in higher grades... thumbsup2.gif

Gotcha. And thanks for the reply. They're all in great shape (as opposed to being read a million times and being held together by a thread). Most of them won't even lay flat by themselves if you open them to a particular page and try to get them to lay completely flat (meaning that no one has pressed down on the spine as hard as it takes to make that happen).

I understand wanting nice copies, I was just wondering if people bickered as much over whether the condition of magazines like FOOM were VF+/VF/VF- (for example) as much as they do over comics. I've never seen that many topics on magazines like this, I didn't know if the minutia over condition was the same or not. smile.gif

Gotcha. I just finished updating all the FOOM auctions except #10, which already had a bid on it (and there's really nothing else to say about that one, it's probably the best one of the bunch).

Gotcha. I just finished updating all the FOOM auctions except #10, which already had a bid on it (and there's really nothing else to say about that one, it's probably the best one of the bunch).

I really wish you had posted the FOOMs here first. mad.gif

Actually, I did, a few weeks ago. I think I titled it "Pre-ebay offerings" and listed the FOOM's at $7 each shipped (I think; I'll go back and check). I got NO response - nothing, zilch, nada. So I finally got around to posting them on ebay. I see that you're the current high bidder on FOOM #10 (the X-Men cover, drawn by Dave Cockrum! smile.gif). Thanks for the bids! smile.gif

Edited to add: Here's the topic I put in the Marketplace on Sunday, March 13th - http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...page=12#750620. Actually, I had all the FOOM's listed for $4 each shipped (except for #10 - I was going to see what the interest was for that one, but like I said, there was none; I didn't even get one reply/response in the topic.).

You snooze...you loose.... foreheadslap.gif

Actually, I did, a few weeks ago. I think I titled it "Pre-ebay offerings" and listed the FOOM's at $7 each shipped (I think; I'll go back and check). I got NO response - nothing, zilch, nada. So I finally got around to posting them on ebay. I see that you're the current high bidder on FOOM #10 (the X-Men cover, drawn by Dave Cockrum! smile.gif). Thanks for the bids! smile.gif

Edited to add: Here's the topic I put in the Marketplace on Sunday, March 13th - http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...page=12#750620. Actually, I had all the FOOM's listed for $4 each shipped (except for #10 - I was going to see what the interest was for that one, but like I said, there was none; I didn't even get one reply/response in the topic.).

In order to sell something, it needs to have a price on it.

Saying "I also have 10" does me no good. I don't want to play games. If you want me to buy something from you, put a price on it.

In order to sell something, it needs to have a price on it.

I disagree; in order to selling something, there has to be an interest in buying it. If anyone had been interested enough in it, they would have PM'ed me. I had prices on everything except that one, and got no response to any of it, so the only thing I could assume was that no one was interested in them, so they went on ebay. No biggie. I just figured they'd be easier to get rid of here.

Saying "I also have 10" does me no good. I don't want to play games. If you want me to buy something from you, put a price on it.

I don't want to play games, either, which is why I posted everything that I had here in the Marketplace weeks ago. People post what they have and ask people to PM them with offers here all the time (there's actually one a couple of topics down right now). Not sure what you're getting so bothered by me doing it. Besides, they're on ebay now, so it's really a moot point.