• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Wizard World Philly Forum Dinner Thread

11 posts in this topic

Hello All! Well, it's time for me to stop b--ching about the cost of the Big Apple and why my Fantasy Baseball trade didn't go through and get down to what's really important... the forum dinner in Philadelphia for June 4th:

This year it will be again be at Maggiano's located at 12th and Filbert Sts., approximately one block away from the convention.

Tenatively, it will be Saturday night at around 7 PM.

I need to know if you will be attending. Right now, this is an informal head count. In about three weeks, I will be taking a final head count for about a week or two, and then you will have to forward your funds, up front, to Steve Borock.

The cost will be somewhere between $40-$50 -- quantity of food is never an issue at Maggiano's. You will leave stuffed. I will also post menus in this thread.

Additionally, if you are coming into Philadelphia and want resturaunt suggestions, hotel suggestions or anything else I can help you out with, please post your questions here and either I, or one of the other local Philly members, I'm sure will respond.

I look forward to seeing all of you as this is not that far off!!!!

hi.gif

You know I'll be there!!!! Maybe have the sig other in tow. 893whatthe.gif Maybe not though as I'm blowing off the big "1-year" (ugh!!!!) anniversary for the Forum Dinner. blush.gif

What a jerk! smile.gif

hi.gif

You know I'll be there!!!! Maybe have the sig other in tow. 893whatthe.gif Maybe not though as I'm blowing off the big "1-year" (ugh!!!!) anniversary for the Forum Dinner. blush.gif

What a jerk! smile.gif

Bring the inbred date along! gossip.gif

hi.gif

What a jerk! smile.gif

Do you mean is he bringing any of your family members along? poke2.gif

hi.gif

What a jerk! smile.gif

Do you mean is he bringing any of your family members along? poke2.gif
Weak! screwy.gif

Okay guys, here's the deal:

The formal cost for the dinner is $45. There will be a bartender as well, but it is cash bar. The dinner costs factor in private room, apps, main course, dessert, coffee, tea, sodas, tax, gratuity and any other fees.

I will post, as I said, a menu tomorrow, although for those of you who were here last year, I am anticipating the menu being generally the same.

I am moving the time of the dinner slightly later back to 7:30. One of the reasons why is so that it will not be so rushed for the dealers who may join us to pack up and break down. Also, for those of us done early, we can pack up and go over and have a drink at the Independence Brew Pub right near there and have a drink and then go over to Maggiano's.

If you know for sure you are going, and know you want to attend the dinner, please Paypal Steve $45 at: sborock@cgccomics.com

My insistence on this stems from the fact that I do NOT want Steve getting stuck with added costs as sometimes happens in conjunction with these dinners. Although Steve is very generous, I do not want to take advantage of that generosity.

Please keep me up to date about attendence and send me a PM when you have paid so I can keep a list current of those who have already paid. If you pay, and an emergency comes up, I'm sure a refund can be worked out. The deadline is May 1st to paypal Steve. It's early, but it's necessary. I can add people on, a little bit later, but that space is VERY limited, and I would like to reserve extras for dealers.

People in passing have said overwhelmingly that they are coming, so I anticipate quite a few people at this dinner.