• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Competitive vs Custom Sets

1 post in this topic

Just to clarify:

- There must be more than one issue/book in the set or graded by CGC to create a set. As a rule, if there is only one issue graded (even if the issue & variant of the same issue are graded) we will not make the set. We prefer that there be evidence of someone collecting the series rather than just having passion for the one issue. You are welcome to display these books in the custom registry sets until you are able to obtain and grade additional issues.

-Any request for a "custom" or specialized set that is competitive will need a list to be provided. The complete list can be posted, PM'd or e-mailed to me. If a list is not provided by the time I reach the request it will be moved to the end of the list. Competitive "Custom" sets are currently limited to Cover Artist complete sets & Mini-series/One-Shots sets for a character/title. Any others should be created using the non-competitive custom set option now available.

I've never created a custom set before... And I can't find a wealth of information on them so far...

I was very keen to request a "competitive set" for 1st Appearances of Gotham Villains - but, unfortunately, this doesn't meet the requirements listed by Gemma.

I don't think I would be able to complete that set in my lifetime, because I can't envision ever affording a Batman #1, but it would be a mighty goal to aspire to.

I think this is a set that people other than me would find appealing... If I set it up as a "custom set" can others also add the set-type and share in the joys of collecting against a focus?