• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan DeCarlo Atlas! Millie #61 and #64 - classic cover, FINAL PRICE DROP

16 posts in this topic

Haven't done this in awhile, let's see if I remember how.

Rules:

1. :takeit: in thread trumps PM conversations

2. no HoS/probation people

3. U.S. buyers only, my sincere apologies to our fine Canadian friends

4. Paypal only! Thanks.

5. please pay promptly, I have a crimefighting money sidekick to feed

The comics:

Millie the Model #61 - 3.5 - $150 $130 $120

Millie the Model #64 - 4.0 - $85 $75 $70

or take the pair for $170!

Adventures Into Fear #20 - 9.0 - $30

SOLD! Marvel Premiere #15 - 5.5 - $95 - SOLD!

SOLD! Marvel Spotlight #32 - 8.5/9.0 - $60SOLD!

SOLD!This Is Tomorrow - 0.5 - $70SOLD!

scans shortly...

Here is an absolutely gorgeous Dan DeCarlo issue of Millie the Model from 1955!

The front cover was folded over at some point in the past, leaving two vertical creases parallel to the spine on the left side. It also resulted in some minor rolling. Because of those issues, I am grading it at a technical 3.5.

But it's a tight, solid book that presents amazingly well thanks to the white cover.

In my opinion, this is one of the best Dan DeCarlo covers in his entire Millie run. Just iconic DeCarlo work here. Feast your eyes!

Final price drop!

$150 $130 $120

pa3q2Cs.jpg

yMfwHUI.jpg

Here's another awesome Dan DeCarlo issue of Millie the Model.

Dan didn't just do the covers, he did all the interior art as well. It's fabulous. Most of the strips have the following credit at the beginning: by Stan Lee. Ha! But DeCarlo managed to slip his signature into most of them somewhere, as though his work isn't instantly recognizable. That rascally Stan, taking all the credit!

I have this at a solid 4.0.

Final price drop!

$85 $75 $70

7W6i9EN.jpg

loXAVQ8.jpg

SOLD!

This is the 1st appearance of Iron Fist, of course.

This is a really nice, tight copy that unfortunately wasn't stored properly by the previous owner. It's tight, with great gloss, but it has a small tear along the left side, as well as a thumbnail crease. The bottom left corner was folded over. It was also stacked in a pile, leading to a stacking roll.

The roll could be pressed out I'd think, pretty easily, but the other flaws give this a ceiling on how much it could be improved.

As it sits, I think it's a beautiful 5.5.

SOLD!

i1l5xcY.jpg

bLhCt6R.jpg

Here's a look at the stacking roll, which can't be seen in the scan:

zw8gvjY.jpg

SOLD!

This is a great copy of Marvel Spotlight #32. Look at that back cover, my god, I'm blind. Need some sunglasses here.

There are a couple tiny defects on the front - a couple stress lines on the spine, a small crease in the upper right edge, slightly rounded/scuffed bottom corners.

I couldn't decide whether it's an 8.5 or a 9.0, so I am listing it as 8.5/9.0 :whistle:

SOLD!

OR8igOG.jpg

MDAnqai.jpg

SOLD!

Finally, here's an entry level copy of the infamous anti-communism tract Is This Tomorrow?

This copy has seen better days. I have photos instead of scans because I didn't want to risk damaging it.

The spin is almost completely split, but not quite, and technically the cover is still barely attached at the bottom staple.

Piece of it are breaking off at the top and bottom edges of the cover.

As far as I can tell, though, it's complete. It also presents extremely well for it's grade, as none of the defects really affect the central image on the iconic front cover.

I have it at a 0.5, though if you want to call it a 1.0 to make yourself feel better, I will play along.

SOLD!

6iFHxyk.jpg

KS7pImd.jpg

Finally, here's an entry level copy of the infamous anti-communism tract Is This Tomorrow?

This copy has seen better days. I have photos instead of scans because I didn't want to risk damaging it.

The spin is almost completely split, but not quite, and technically the cover is still barely attached at the bottom staple.

As far as I can tell, though, it's complete. It also presents extremely well for it's grade, as none of the defects really affect the central image on the iconic front cover.

I have it at a 0.5, though if you want to call it a 1.0 to make yourself feel better, I will play along.

Just $70!

6iFHxyk.jpg

KS7pImd.jpg

:takeit:

Just $70!

6iFHxyk.jpg

KS7pImd.jpg

:takeit:

:facepalm: just too many guns

Dropped the prices of the awesome DeCarlo Atlas issues to $130 for #61, $75 for #64, or $180 for the pair!

I'm trying to raise some money to take my girlfriend to her first comic con, so help a brother out and pick up some sweet and hard to find DeCarlo issues while you have the chance!

(thumbs u

Okay, one final price drop on these two beautiful Dan DeCarlo Atlas comics before I send them off to eBay. Please don't make me go to eBay! That place is scary.

Millie the Model #61 is now just $120 for one of the best DeCarlo Millie covers in the entire run.

Millie the Model #64 is now just $70.

Or take the pair for the low, low price of just $170! That includes shipping (U.S. only)!

Make America great again by buying these comics from me!

(thumbs u