• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who here has the largest single registry set based on number of comics?

26 posts in this topic

I am going to throw down the gauntlet here with 361 books in my Spawn (complete) set.

I looked through the top ten overall point holders just to get an idea and found I was tied with Ghost Town's spider-man set.

Any other mega-size sets over 361?

quantity over quality :cloud9:

(tsk)

Only one of my 361 isn't 9.8 or higher.

:P

I am going to throw down the gauntlet here with 361 books in my Spawn (complete) set.

I looked through the top ten overall point holders just to get an idea and found I was tied with Ghost Town's spider-man set.

Marvel - Picture Frame Marvels - Complete Set

The complete set has 388 books. But I only have 385. And they're definitely not all 9.8s.

Link. (Or Millie the Model is killing me.)

Marvel - Picture Frame Marvels - Complete Set

The complete set has 388 books. But I only have 385. And they're definitely not all 9.8s.

Link. (Or Millie the Model is killing me.)

I rarely look at registry sets, but I'm in envy of your Hulk 158. Super diffiicult book above 9.2. A perfectly centered, pedigreed 9.6. You're the man, Barton! :headbang:

Wow! These are amazing sets! :applause:

Thanks guys! Anything else come to mind?

If they ever made an All-Valiant set, I would have about 500 entries. The set would top out with something around 900 books, if you include the Nintendo, WWF, and promotional work they did.

Who's on top with the asm registry?

this guy, and he's not even the top, but he is at 99%

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=99623

af15, ASM1-700, all the annuals

wow

:o

(worship)(worship)(worship)

AMAZING

Four Color for the win.

At least 1,300 books in the run and this is 94% complete.

I can't even imagine putting a run of this magnitude together.

The even more insane part is he was able to derive the content of the missing 40 or so missing Four Color issue numbers based on other runs and where they would have been in the sequence.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=8497

Four Color for the win.

At least 1,300 books in the run and this is 94% complete.

I can't even imagine putting a run of this magnitude together.

The even more insane part is he was able to derive the content of the missing 40 or so missing Four Color issue numbers based on other runs and where they would have been in the sequence.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=8497

That. Is. Beyond. Belief.