• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Kirby Thor Comic Cover Art Pops Up in British Toy Figure Auction Catalogue

27 posts in this topic

The robbing part.. well, meet at the police station!

Transacting 10s of thousands of dollars in cash in front of the police? Yeah, that won`t make any cops suspicious! lol

It's a legitimate transaction. It's not illegal or anything.

Malvin

I`m sure it is, I`m just saying that the police will probably think something suspicious is going on.

Transacting 10s of thousands of dollars in cash in front of the police? Yeah, that won`t make any cops suspicious! lol

Malvin

I`m sure it is, I`m just saying that the police will probably think something suspicious is going on.

Just make sure the long boxes aren't marked with the title of the comics in the boxes if they're "CRACK" comics.......

Malvin

www.safetradestations.com

Malvin

Legal or illegal is almost beside the point. At the very least, you're going to get questioned. If you're unlucky, you may find your money getting seized for no good reason. Google "money seized by police for no reason" for ample instances of this happening.

I'll withhold names here, but one of my friends brought several rolls of Benjamins to the airport (I think it was LaGuardia, though it might have been JFK - bottom line, though, is that it was a domestic flight) on his way to the SDCC last year. He made the mistake of not concealing them and they were spotted by TSA. He was questioned about it. He said he was bringing the cash to buy comic art at the San Diego Comic-Con (which was true, of course). Not good enough. The TSA rep said that he couldn't pass through security until his supervisor got there later on (by which time he would have missed his flight) for further questioning. Luckily he had gotten to the airport early, so, in the time that he had, he raced to the his bank's nearest branch and re-deposited the cash and came back in time to make his flight. He ended up having to make another flight later on to pay the guy he was supposed to pay in San Diego in cash (who is probably reading this, as he is an occasional poster here, and recognizes this story).

Bottom line: don't flash your cash anywhere near law enforcement, government or any other authority or quasi-authority figures. No good can come of it, even if you're transacting legally.

Police can confiscate large sums of cash, as they believe they are proceeds of a drug sale and you must prove that they are not. Contact a local attorney about In Rem Forfeiture, or just use a bank check.

Malvin

Even the bank would be breaking your balls if you tried to take out that much money in cash.