• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED! Thanks Yall! Stuff from the Junk Pile Short Pre-4th of July Sale

45 posts in this topic

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $4.50 each for comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking.

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff. I try to price fairly. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice. I will probably run this through tomorrow evening and get invoices out on Monday or Tuesday.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years.

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go...

SOLD!

First up, a good one...

Men's Adventures #25

Jan 1954 Atlas Publications. Classic Shrunken Head cover (always a fan favorite)

A nice, clean, flat, very glossy complete copy. Has a small 1-1/4" lower spine split. Spine has numerous stress marks. Has a neat 1" upper spine split. Numerous small creases, folds, wrinkles and a couple very small edge tears. Back cover and last 2 pages have a punched in hole. Nothing is missing and could be easily folded back. Cover is just holding on to staples but centerfold is tight. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but supple.

Recently, a real beater with split, detached cover, chipping and tears and poor paper quality went for $120.

I want $150. for this copy.

mensadvs25a_zps4gucypv3.jpg

mensadvs25b_zps3jl2sbur.jpg

mensadvs25c_zpsrfkf6zhc.jpg

mensadvs25d_zpsaae5fqcq.jpg

mensadvs25e_zpsmp5qxw6s.jpg

How about a real cool Pulp?

Amazing Stories June 1941 Classic Edgar Rice Burroughs John Carter "Black Pirates of Barsoom" story.Beautiful J.Allen St. John cover. Colorful Paul back cover.

A tight, square, bright, clean complete copy with full spine paper. Has an old tape repair at bottom of spine. Numerous small cover wrinkles and light creases. Back cover has a neat 2" upper spine split and a small chunk 1/2" x 1-1/2" out at the top. Appears to have maybe tape repair inside front cover because cover doesn't open all the way. Interior paper is yellowed but very supple and nice. This goes for big bucks in high grade.

$40. for this bright copy.

amazingstoriespulp1_zpsjmvnbb0c.jpg

amazingstoriespulp2_zpssqvmc5su.jpg

amazingstoriespulp3_zps6cwcyrnm.jpg

SOLD!

A book that was recently mentioned on the boards...

Margie #36 June 1947 Marvel Comics

A classic issue in which Margie goes to the Marvel offices to complain to Stan Lee about her character in her book. Stan make it up to her by taking the young teenager to a nightclub! She proceeds to embarrase him by flaunting over actors and celebrities. Stan is pictured and featured throughout the whole story. I got a copy signed by Stan many years ago. He had forgotton about it and got a real kick out of seeing it. Surprisingly, not noted in Overstreet. I did send him the info so it will probably turn up next time (with a higher price)

This is a bright, complete filler copy. Spine is a bit ragged and split in center. Cover is neatly detached from book. "Donald Langley" written on cover. Seems like I've seen that name on quite a few GA books. Back cover is slightly dirty. No other real creases or tears. Interior paper is yellowed but supple. Centerfold is bound tight to single staple. A hard one to find because people like me who are "in the know" have squirrled away copies for years.

Asking $40. for this classic

margie36a_zps0pkkdogn.jpg

margie36b_zpsykylzern.jpg

margie36c_zpsy5dpivvz.jpg

margie36d_zpsylrg4td5.jpg

margie36e_zpscl7ssawe.jpg

Last one today and a real unusual one.

An un-used piece of MAD Magazine stationary!

This 7-1/4" x 10-1/2" is from the late 1950's and un-used. It features an embossed/engraved "old school" MAD logo at the top with the address of the magazine during this time.

I got this from Bill Gaines himself! A bit of s story that I will share in an installment of my junk thread in the near future. It involved a trade with him for some stuff I had he wanted real bad. I got a whole bunch of EC/MAD letterheads & envelopes as well as other cool stuff from him. Just a kick of a guy to deal with. Being that MAD was what really started me down this crazy road, it was a lot of fun.

For some reason, I got two of this particular letterhead and just realized it. You just can't get this stuff especially un-used and from the man himself.

I need $50. for this piece of comic history

madletterhead1_zpsgeztwfok.jpg

madletterhead2_zpsqeuoj2qv.jpg

A classic issue in which Margie goes to the Marvel offices to complain to Stan Lee about her character in her book. Stan make it up to her by taking the young teenager to a nightclub! She proceeds to embarrase him by flaunting over actors and celebrities. Stan is pictured and featured throughout the whole story. I got a copy signed by Stan many years ago. He had forgotton about it and got a real kick out of seeing it. Surprisingly, not noted in Overstreet. I did send him the info so it will probably turn up next time (with a higher price)

This is a bright, complete filler copy. Spine is a bit ragged and split in center. Cover is neatly detached from book. "Donald Langley" written on cover. Seems like I've seen that name on quite a few GA books. Back cover is slightly dirty. No other real creases or tears. Interior paper is yellowed but supple. Centerfold is bound tight to single staple. A hard one to find because people like me who are "in the know" have squirrled away copies for years.

:takeit:

An awesome comic. Congrats

SOLD to the not so bitter old man, Thanks Ray!

I've got several more copies of the Margie #36 that I can put up (in better shape for more money of course) if anybody is interested. I will also dig around the junk pile and do a few more posts. I will have to photo them first though...

SOLD to the not so bitter old man, Thanks Ray!

I need to read my comics more often. Great story. I think I have a copy?? Can't check now but pm what you've got and price?

I've got several more copies of the Margie #36 that I can put up (in better shape for more money of course) if anybody is interested. I will also dig around the junk pile and do a few more posts. I will have to photo them first though...

Wouldn't hurt to ake a gander at some more stuff!!! :popcorn:

No love for PCH? Pulps? Un-Godly rare MAD stuff? OK, due to popular demand, I found some other junk lying around. And yes another Margie in the pile...

Beyond #24 Ace Pubs from Jan 1954 with a very nice Lou Cameron story. Nice cover and cool content on these Aces.

Flat, bright, clean and complete. A few light wrinkles but no major creases and no tears. Top staple is just starting to pull inside. VERY slight discoloration on staples. Book and centerfold are bound well to book. Interior paper is off white and supple with no tears or creases.

$35. for this cool horror book

beyond1_zpsstoiuyc5.jpg

beyond2_zpsgif1oquk.jpg

Put em up :popcorn:

Girl Comics #2 Jan 1950 Marvel Pubs. Hard to find issue with Joe Kubert art.

Tight, bright, complete copy. Has a small 1/2" x 3/4" chunk out of bottom right cover. A couple thin corner creases at bottom right. A couple of small edge tears. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. White pages.

$25. for a whole lotta love

girl2_zpsj1hxoqlf.jpg

Put em up :popcorn:

I'm working it brother! Is that the sound of refresh keys being hit all over the country?

SOLD!

Comedy #10 Jan 1950 Marvel Pubs. Great teenage stuff with Hedy, Millie and Tessie!

A solid, complete copy. Has 1/2" x 2" chunk out of top right corner of cover and first page. No art affected. Some light spotting and corner wear. 3/4" neat upper spine split. Back cover has a small piece out of top.ook and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white and supple. There is a neat 3/4" cut through whole book at top.

$20. for a lot of laffs

comedy10a_zpschojscqo.jpg

comedy10b_zpsnlkheqap.jpg

Planet Stories Pulp Summer 1945 Friction House Pubs. Very colorful GGA cover.

Tight, clean copy with bright color. About 1" of lower spine paper gone. Small bump and 1/4" upper spine split. Usual small edge tears, nothing serious. Yellowed but supple interior paper with no tears or creases

$30. for this gem

planetpulp1_zps9ggryoa1.jpg

planetpulp2_zps8ylwrjvk.jpg

planetpulp3_zpsrmhb7rbk.jpg

Mister Mystery #14 Nov-Dec 1953 Aragon Pubs.

Wow, what a wild, gory book. Heart torn out, people being burned by acid and a Hell story just for fun!

A nice lower grade complete reader. There is a piece 1/2" x 1/2" torn loose by top staple. It is included. A few long corner creases top and bottom. A tiny piece out at spine. Very light waterstain at bottom of back cover. Staples are popped but appear to be just holding on. Centerfold well attached. Creamy, supple pages.

$50. for this gore fest!

mistermystery1_zpso6srxrrl.jpg

mistermystery2_zpsbdvtadmb.jpg

mistermystery3_zpsex2n82oh.jpg

mistermystery4_zpsxifpfmde.jpg

mistermystery5_zpssdienaye.jpg

SOLD!

OK Margie Fans. Here is another copy of this classic...

Cover is neatly detached from book. Has a small chunk out of bottom left corner. Top, left corner has a bump tear. Cover could use a cleaning. Some kid neatly filled in the title with pencil. Centerfold is neatly detached and a little ragged on edge. Back cover is a little dirty. Supple inside pages.

But, a little better than the critter chew on the first copy. And, that classic Stan l

Lee tale.

$50. for this one

margiecopyb1_zpslgl4spsv.jpg

margiecopyb2_zpsjal0ajka.jpg