• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I have this Daredevil #1

22 posts in this topic

It's actually a halfway decent looking copy. Here's the rub. It's spine is completely split. Someone thousands of years ago put tape on the spine to hold it together. Over the years the tape has degraded to the point where it's not doing it's intended job anymore. Here I am contemplating applying more tape to it(gasp) before slabbing.

I'm definitely going to slab it no matter what. It's going to get the designation of tape on the cover regardless of what I do. My question is would any of you apply a tiny amount of tape to it to keep the book together? I know it's going to be graded low no matter what I do. The idea of taking tape to any book really bugs me, but I'm thinking of adding a couple of pieces just to keep the cover together. I mean, the label can't say "tape on cover, and extra tape on cover too. Too much tape. What the hell?"

Thoughts?

lol Mark! Where have you been? I feel like I haven't seen you in 10 years!!

leafcast that mutha

hiding from Jeff and his pile of hot books. hope you're well :foryou:

Does the cover come off? - if so you could probably send in an image to CCS to see if they can do anything. If the book is in pretty good shape - you may be better off with having them remove the tape - then do a full tear seal (or leafcast if too much material is missing).

With a FULL split - odds are you get a 1.0 (maybe a 1.5) -- or possibly a green label if the book is in good shape otherwise.

Higher grade purple label with the tear seal > green label (or low grade blue label) with tape IMO.

Slaaaaaabiiiiiing theeeeeeeee booooooooook. :insane: I sell comic books. Slabbing makes selling easier. I wouldn't have any enjoyment from having a low grade DD1.
Why slab that book? Just put it in Mylar with 2 backing boards and enjoy.

Nine years and you still can't figure out how to quote correctly. :(

I do it this way on purpose because I'm awesome. I'm sorry you can't handle my awesome.

Slaaaaaabiiiiiing theeeeeeeee booooooooook. :insane: I sell comic books. Slabbing makes selling easier. I wouldn't have any enjoyment from having a low grade DD1.

I do it this way on purpose because I'm awesome. I'm sorry you can't handle my awesome.

16jiw6.jpg

16jiw6.jpg

I think I'd send to ccs (or someone similar) and ask for some advice from a pro on what (if anything) to do.

I'll make you a deal. If you can stop people from quoting someone else's post that's a mile long or has a bunch of pictures just to say something like "cool books", I will forever post after the quote.

Anytime you quote a post in a thread, it screws up the readability of the thread. It's a douchebag move.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'll make you a deal. If you can stop people from quoting someone else's post that's a mile long or has a bunch of pictures just to say something like "cool books", I will forever post after the quote.

Anytime you quote a post in a thread, it screws up the readability of the thread. It's a douchebag move.

I might just do that.

16jiw6.jpg

I think I'd send to ccs (or someone similar) and ask for some advice from a pro on what (if anything) to do.

yvpMRlv.gif