• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What genre represents the Golden Age the best in your opinion?

46 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Electricmastro said:
1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

?????

Mighty Mouse's longest tenure was with St. John. Very few appearances published by Dell.

Ah right, must have mixed it up with his 60s appearances. Thanks.

The rest of your list is pretty accurate, though I think there were probably some longer running skin-tight suit guys at Prize than Fighting American. He would be my favorite though as well.

5 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

The rest of your list is pretty accurate, though I think there were probably some longer running skin-tight suit guys at Prize than Fighting American. He would be my favorite though as well.

Yeah, Prize also had Black Owl and Yank & Doodle, though I don’t think they got a self-titled series like how Fighting American did.

Edited by Electricmastro

On 1/27/2020 at 1:41 PM, Electricmastro said:

Might as well list what I think was the most successful superhero for each Golden Age publisher:

Ace - Lash Lightning

Magno had more appearances and more cover appearances than Lash Lightning. 

4 hours ago, Electricmastro said:

Yeah, Prize also had Black Owl and Yank & Doodle, though I don’t think they got self-titled series like how Fighting American did.

I don't know that having an eponymous title is the best measure, especially if it's the only title a character appeared in. Black Owl lasted longer than Fighting American, though they are from practically different eras, with FA nearly straddling the SA. Then there's the unusual case of the Green Lama,  a pulp character who originally appeared in Prize Comics as a comic character, but then his creator started his own comic company and put out 8 issues of GLs own title.