• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Flash 106

14 posts in this topic

Here's a fun book. I always liked Gorilla Grodd in the JLA Unlimited cartoons. Grade advice appreciated. Book is intact. Wear on spine but no rips or tears. Plenty of color breaking creases. A bit of curl up the length of the spine.

flash%20front_zpsu3wiys3i.jpg

flash%20back_zpsoymymgj1.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsh0iludpy.jpg

My first thought was 3.0 due to all the color breaking creases and the rough spine.

But what a three!!! Great colors and the main image is pretty nice....and this is a tough book in almost any grade.

3.5 for me, not sure if i would press it. Make sure that the spine and staples are in decent shape before applying heat and pressure to the book. Great copy regardless.

I thought a press would resolve some of the slight curling of the spine. Are you saying books with spines that are a bit weathered pose risks in the pressing process? thx

3.5 for me, not sure if i would press it. Make sure that the spine and staples are in decent shape before applying heat and pressure to the book. Great copy regardless.

I thought a press would resolve some of the slight curling of the spine. Are you saying books with spines that are a bit weathered pose risks in the pressing process? thx

It will but if the spine is weak or has slight splitting then the answer is yes, you could risk further damage. I have pressed many early flash books, not a 106 but a 112,113,137 and a 139 all around the condition your book is in. All of them turned out great except the 113. The top of the spine near the staple was weak and is now split to the top stable. If you feel that the cover is firm and the paper quality is decent then it should be fine just make sure before pressing if you don't want a split of staple detach.

It will but if the spine is weak or has slight splitting then the answer is yes, you could risk further damage. I have pressed many early flash books, not a 106 but a 112,113,137 and a 139 all around the condition your book is in. All of them turned out great except the 113. The top of the spine near the staple was weak and is now split to the top stable. If you feel that the cover is firm and the paper quality is decent then it should be fine just make sure before pressing if you don't want a split of staple detach.

thanks