• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: TOS 70-99 highgrade

18 posts in this topic

hello all,

i am looking to fill up my run of the later TOS issues in at least cgc 9.4 with a minumum of off white pages, but preferably ow/w or w. please reply to this post or pm me if you have something available. i have a bunch of these already, but i'm also interested in upgrading. the only books that don't need an upgrade are 74, 80, 94 and 98.

i know that my post count is low, but i have made two transactions via this board, as well, i have made purchases from most all of the dealers that post here.

btw, i know that pedigree comics is listing a run this week and the later issues are coming up starting today.

thanks,

trevor

have quite a few of the books you need in 9.4 with ow/w pages or better but as Sfilosa mentioned what percentage of guide are you willing to offer?

Eric

And I'll add that Eric is great guy to do business with. thumbsup2.gif

thanks for all the responses.

eric- i sent you a pm.

surfer- i'll check out heritage.

sfilosa- percentage of guide is difficult to determine without knowing the number and condition of the books in the deal. if they are cgc graded 9.4s, depending on the book and page quality i'd being willing to pay 120-175% of guide. if they are 9.6s, then it would obviously be higher.

sfilosa- percentage of guide is difficult to determine without knowing the number and condition of the books in the deal. if they are cgc graded 9.4s, depending on the book and page quality i'd being willing to pay 120-175% of guide. if they are 9.6s, then it would obviously be higher.

I don't have a new guide yet (left it at a friends house by accident), but I can say that in general, none of these books usually sell for less than 2 to 2.5 times guide. And the only reason they are that low, is that some are very common. The tougher ones will run you at least 3 times guide (but I'm using old guide values).

gpa then. i don't have a guide where i am. i just looked at the gpa prices and guessed on what i thought guide price would be to figure out the percentage. i'm willing to pay market prices. i'm not trying to find the steal of the century. i just want to fill some holes and upgrade some other books in my run. what do most of these books guide for?

i just wanted to bump this thread. i have had some luck finding some of these isues in grade from some dealers. unfortunately, i haven't really had any response from board members. i did send out a pm, but received no response.

i wanted everyone to know that i'm still in the hunt for highgrade TOS.

thanks,

trevor

I don't have a new guide yet (left it at a friends house by accident), but I can say that in general, none of these books usually sell for less than 2 to 2.5 times guide. And the only reason they are that low, is that some are very common. The tougher ones will run you at least 3 times guide (but I'm using old guide values).

I got 4.5x guide on that #71 I sold 2 months ago.

Certain issues will clearly sell for more.

For me, it's about the census.

#71 has 16 copies in 9.4 or better

#72 has 8 copies in 9.4 or better

I'm would pay more for #72 893whatthe.gif

#78 has 2 (yes, TWO) copies in 9.4 or better.

Obviously, that book should sell for much more then issue #80 which has a whooping 48 copies in 9.4 or better.

I bought the #67 from Doug's site, and paid a very high multiple.

The reason why:

The census shows ONE 9.8 and just TWO 9.4's (one which is now mine). acclaim.gif

While we all know that the census is not perfect, I have no doubt that this issue #67, is tough to find in HG because of the data.

Steve,

Let me know when you want to get rid of your "reader copy" 9.2 of issue #78. You just picked that up on Heritage correct?

Are you talking about TTA's or TOS's. I didn't buy any TOS's on Heritage recently.

Oops, got my wires crossed, I meant the TTA you recently bought.

I got the TTA #77 CGC 9.2 from Heritage. Yeah, I want a CGC 9.4, but there AREN'T any at this time. Christo_pull_hair.gif

A few months ago, I got a TTA #78 CGC 9.4 from Heritage for less then 3 times guide. I felt good since there are only two CGC 9.4's and one CGC 9.6. cloud9.gif