• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Captain America #103

6 posts in this topic

Thank you everyone for your help on my Avengers 100.

As I mentioned, I am trying to learn to grade more accurately so I appreciate the help. I have a few more books with very specific issues/defects that I want to understand better how they would lower the overall grade.

So can you please not only list your grade but list why you would give it that grade? Thank you again. I will be sending a number of these out for professional grading and will update you on the results.

Please note that all books are flat with no spine rolls, good original staples, attached covers and no hidden defects. Some images of the back covers are a little darker than the real cover or may show more blue or pink than what the actual cover looks like. I don’t want to image process them so just assume that the scan same out dark not dirty for some reason.

Cap%20103.jpeg

Cap%20103%201.jpeg

Some more info to help you know what you are looking at. The top of the cover is mounted a little higher than the rest of the book which is why you see the marks there. Also the horizontal mark through the "AIN" is not a cut or a scrape. I am not sure how it was made. It might have been made during production by a machine. Then the spine area of the back cover has a slight yellowing that makes it look like a spine roll in the scans. The cover it totally flat and the discoloration is not as noticable as in the scans but is there.

Thanks for the reply HighStakesComics. I was not happy at all with the scans so got some better ones with absolutely no image, color or sharpness enhancement. Would you grade it any differently now? And why?

comic%20scan.jpeg

comic%20scan%201.jpeg