• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Captain America #113

6 posts in this topic

Thank you everyone for your help on my Avengers 100.

As I mentioned, I am trying to learn to grade more accurately so I appreciate the help. I have a few more books with very specific issues/defects that I want to understand better how they would lower the overall grade.

So can you please not only list your grade but list why you would give it that grade? Thank you again. I will be sending a number of these out for professional grading and will update you on the results.

Please note that all books are flat with no spine rolls, good original staples, attached covers and no hidden defects. Some images of the back covers are a little darker than the real cover or may show more blue or pink than what the actual cover looks like. I don’t want to image process them so just assume that the scan same out dark not dirty for some reason.

Cap%20113.jpeg

Cap%20113%201.jpeg

A little more info so you know what you are looking at. The front cover is really beautiful with really high luster and is flat as a board. The back is really clean and straight. There are a few color flakes out of the front and a few small visible marks but there is an inch long tear at the top center of the back cover.

FC has light dust shadow as you can see it at lower right corner. The two spine corners are abridged (rounded corners). Some ticks on the spine. It looks 7.5-8.0 but that tear I believe it is two steps down according CGC grading system would go down to 5.5-6.0.

CGC may intend not to grade the cumulative age on the book as you said dark tone around the book however they will use page quality as such as cream to off white page, off white to white or white page.