• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Werewolf By Night #33

14 posts in this topic

Thank you everyone for your help on my Avengers 100.

As I mentioned, I am trying to learn to grade more accurately so I appreciate the help. I have a few more books with very specific issues/defects that I want to understand better how they would lower the overall grade.

So can you please not only list your grade but list why you would give it that grade? Thank you again. I will be sending a number of these out for professional grading and will update you on the results.

Please note that all books are flat with no spine rolls, good original staples, attached covers and no hidden defects. Some images of the back covers are a little darker than the real cover or may show more blue or pink than what the actual cover looks like. I don’t want to image process them so just assume that the scan same out dark not dirty for some reason.

Werewolf%2033.jpeg

Werewolf%2033%201.jpeg

Last one. This one is how it appears. Thanks for the help.

Hey Ranat - it is asked you post no more than 3 books in a 24 hour perios.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7739763#Post7739763

Especially note here:

POSTING LIMITS

2. Please post only one (1) book per thread and a maximum of three (3) books per person in a 24 hour period. It will make it more enjoyable for people to grade and will also encourage more people to grade your submission.

The dark cover has an easy telltale defects. All corners have creases (one impact corner). You have a thumb crease on the right edge and small ragged edge (below the crease). Multiple ticks on the spine.

I believe CGC grading team may use 9.2 and 4.0 as the starters in depending on how it looks. I bet they will use 9.2. 1/2 point drop on each corner (2 total points deducted) then one thumb crease and ragged edge (1 point deducted) and multiple ticks on the spine I don't know how much points will be deducted (1/2 or 1 point deducted).

It should be 5.5 to 6.0 at best.

This is a 4.0 if ever I saw one. I can't understand the 5.0 + quotes.

WOW! I normally agree with Oak, but I can see this one at 5.0.

Maybe it needs to be in hand but usually the 4.0's I see have much

more wear and damage than this one. IMHO...

I would never pay to get this one graded.

This is a 4.0 if ever I saw one. I can't understand the 5.0 + quotes.

WOW! I normally agree with Oak, but I can see this one at 5.0.

Maybe it needs to be in hand but usually the 4.0's I see have much

more wear and damage than this one. IMHO...

I would never pay to get this one graded.

4.0 and 5.0 is a fine line for sure, but the corner damage really moves the needle to the lower grade for me.

Thanks for the details as to why JollyComics. That is exactly what I was looking for. The reasoning behind why it loses the points that it does.

And for the other posters about not getting it graded, with these that I am posting, if I got them graded it would be for the grading notes and to find out what the official grade would be. I wouldn't grade them for investment value. This is a learning experience!

4.0 is usually a below average book. Or a nicer book with a major defect.

Absent hidden defects, I can't see this scoring below 5.5 applying fair standards.

A major crease, a tear, obtrusive writing, any of those can disqualify from FN 6.0 on the average book (but E.G. I have an easy 8.5 nm looking book with a major crease on back cover -4 inch crease at lower corner- scored a 5.5).

I see nothing on this books that says it can't be a FN, just a moderate amount of normal wear.