• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Devil's Due G.I. Joe

7 posts in this topic

I read the first 16 issues or so but wasn't terrribly impressed so I dropped it. May have gotten better though. I would also be interested to see if anyone else thinks this series is worth picking up again.

Eric

I read all the Joe titles every month. Sadly, I read them for the same reason as stated previously, nostalgia. The stories are enjoyable for the most part, however, it's no Identity Crisis. I thought both the recent Master and Apprentice mini-series , which tells the origin of Snake-Eyes apprentice Kamakura, were very good.

There have been some interesting things going on in the current story lines. Joe Casey has taken over the writing duties and Devil's Due keeps saying that they are going to kill off one of the core characters. If you are wanting to give it a shot, go back to issue 38 and start at the bginning of the most recent arc. Or, start with issues 42 and 43. In this new arc, a new foe will be introduced that will go against both Cobra and the Joes. You can read about it here.

Yeah, I got the latest issue because of the awesome Cobra Commander cover. Wasn't real impressed with the story though. I really just wanted to check it out for nostalgia too.

I wonder every day where I put my box of GI Joe figures. I'd still play with them if I could find them. 27_laughing.gif

Half of them are probably in pieces after having the little black band break that holds them all together. Did several experiments though, taking arms from B.A.T.S. figures and placing them on regular characters to give them a half cyborg look. And I had to use a tooth pic to replace the metal pin in Storm Shadows knee so that he'd at least have a leg left. Snake Eyes showed him no mercy one day and BAM, chopped off at the knee. I think a couple of figures also fell victim to the fire place ... and had flaming logs topple them.

Yeah, I got the latest issue because of the awesome Cobra Commander cover. Wasn't real impressed with the story though. I really just wanted to check it out for nostalgia too.

I wonder every day where I put my box of GI Joe figures. I'd still play with them if I could find them. 27_laughing.gif

Half of them are probably in pieces after having the little black band break that holds them all together. Did several experiments though, taking arms from B.A.T.S. figures and placing them on regular characters to give them a half cyborg look. And I had to use a tooth pic to replace the metal pin in Storm Shadows knee so that he'd at least have a leg left. Snake Eyes showed him no mercy one day and BAM, chopped off at the knee. I think a couple of figures also fell victim to the fire place ... and had flaming logs topple them.

At least your Baroness has a head.......wait a sec.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.... 893whatthe.gif...the perfect woman. cloud9.gif

At least your Baroness has a head.......wait a sec.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.... 893whatthe.gif...the perfect woman. cloud9.gif

Actually ........ I believe she was decapitated long, long ago... oddly enough.