• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THIS EXPERIENCE LEFT ME WITH A BAD TASTE............

56 posts in this topic

"Comiclink really pisses me off", February 4, 2005

"Hosed by Comiclink", June 20, 2004

The pattern just continues OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again. mad.gif

Yep, and thats why I havent bought off Clink in over a year - speak with dollars, plus you can't have a bad experience if you don't deal with them in the first place.

Ben listed the book with Comiclink because as you know "Comiclink gets the highest prices!".

With the sale falling through my offer was finally accepted.

This is not really a response to you Bob, but I don't like the term LOWBALL offer.

My guess is that you made a REASONABLE OFFER. All reasonable offers ARE NOT ACCEPTED. Sometimes the seller is hoping for a MORE REASONABLE OFFER or FLAT OUT, an UNBELIEVABLE OFFER. blush.gif

I seriously doubt that a MAJOR DEALER would make lowball offers on key books, especially if they sold it to the person in the first place.

What's a LOWBALL offe?. Maybe for a CGC graded book, 50% of best guess market value. Yeah, that's probably a Lowball offer. Is 80% of market value a Lowball offer. Not in my opinion.as just like the BUYER will price a book above their minimum sell price, a buyer has to bid / offer low, so they have room to go up.

Bob.. I hope you know I am just talkin out the side of my neck. Reacting to what I percive in the posts I read.

Perhaps I should keep my mouth shut.. but what fun would that be.

My perspective is of a small fry buyer/collecter..you are of the BSD variety. I would like to think we can both mingle in the same pond. The fact that you at least come here, speak you mind, offer your take on many subjects is worth noting.

While I obviously am not privy to much of what takes place on your side of the lake.., If I see things that strike me as odd.. I say so.

That is when you can feel free to come and pimp slap me when I get outa line.

Or vise versa

flowerred.gif

Ze-

P.S. Sfilosa.. I was just pokin bob with my lowball comment. Was not meant to be an editorial on buying practices. But more about him letting a sale get away.

One of the HUGE advantages of COMICLINK, which is also it's BIGGEST FLAW, is that sellers can list books without sending them in. The problem with that is that it's very possible for a SELLER to list a book, and through other outlets, present the book to potential buyers, and then PULL the book off of COMICLINK, and sell directly to the BUYER.

This is a HUGE problem IMHO, as I was burnt once by it because CL didn't inspect the book long enough to ensure it was the grade advertised, which was enough to get me to stop buying from CL ever again.

The petty full-page ad in the Overstreet magazine basically ripping on the new competition pretty much cemented it. screwy.gif

bob did not make me a lowball offer the 1st time, he made me a fair offer but i declined.

his counteroffer after the CL bidder reneged on his bid was obviously better than his 1st offer and i was happy to accept it

did i forget to mention that CL also made an offer to me on the book knowing that i had a deal with bob?- to me, that tells me alot about what sort of person nathanson is

I seriously doubt that a MAJOR DEALER would make lowball offers on key books, especially if they sold it to the person in the first place.

Steve, what is the color of the sky in your world?! Major dealers make lowball offers on key books all the time! "Shame" and "embarassment" are not words in their vocabularies.

did i forget to mention that CL also made an offer to me on the book knowing that i had a deal with bob?- to me, that tells me alot about what sort of person nathanson is

Yeah you did forget to mention that little tidbit. And after speaking with Bob about this situation, I think it is safe to say there are alot of factors that yet remain under the surface of this story.

But the one constant here seems to be how Josh handled the situation. Being able to handle oneself with a modicum of decorum should be a given. But seems to be the one thing missing from your transaction with Clink.

Regardless of how he thinks it played out.

Ze-