• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7 Days to Die

5 posts in this topic

A friend of mine has been bugging me to download this game, and he keeps telling me how amazing it is. But he's been known to talk up some stinkers in the past. :/

I know it's a shot in the dark, but has anybody here played it? I'd love to hear some opinions before I drop 30 beans on a game I'll never play.

From what I've read, it's basically Minecraft with zombies set in a huge open world. You have to keep tabs on your food, heat, and hydration levels, search for junk high and low to use to craft things, and get your into a secure shelter by nightfall before the zombie horde comes and eats your face. The biggest knock on the game seems to be the graphics, which really do look like they came straight out of 2004. But I can overlook that if the gameplay is fun, and co-op games set in an open world are usually a blast.

If you played H1N1 or DayZ, this is pretty much the same.

Save your money for Dead Island 2

I played a little DayZ, it was alright. I downloaded 7 Days before work this morning, and I'm looking forward to trying it out when I get home. The minecraft style crafting stuff intrigues me.

I wasn't that into Dead Island, but to be fair, I don't give it much of a chance.

Ok, so the reviews for this game are pretty rough, and there's definitely some bugs that need patching. But this game is fun as hell, and playing co-op with your friends is a blast. Setting up base, exploring the town down the road for supplies while protecting each other from zombies, then hustling back to your house before the sun goes down and the horde comes...good stuff. (thumbs u