• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All American Comic Con 7 - Warren, Ohio - July 10th

10 posts in this topic

There is a nice small 1 day comic con coming up next weekend. This Con always brings in a nice mix of sellers and always has 1 big name artist. This year its James O'Barr of Crow fame. I've been shut out in terms of selling at this one the last couple years but I always go since it's a good buying Con. And if nothing else its a treat to go get a O'Barr sig in a small hall and its only $5 to get in.

Dates: July 10, 2016

Times: 10 AM-6 PM

How to find us: Packard Music Hall, 1703 Mahoning Avenue NW, Warren, OH 44483

Website: www.facebook.com/pages/All-American-Cards-and-Comics/162251137284

Phone: 330.646.3663

Admission Fee: $5.00 admission

Comic, toy and art convention featuring retailers and local artists. Buy, sell or trade new and old comic books as well as toys from different eras. Sponsored by All American Cards and Comics.

Only was able to stay for a couple hours but was able to spend a few hundred on books so not too bad. Unfortunately pretty much the exact same group of sellers as the last few local Cons so no fresh meat. But definitely a nice well run Con and you can't beat the $5 cover price.

Nice haul !

Didn't get there to 12:30, by then it was packed. Picked up a few more PHMs including this TTA :

tta_7_cropped_zpshmjhksxf.jpg

And grabbed Strange Worlds 4 & 5 to complete that set :

strange_worlds_set_zpsbw5mzbjj.jpg

Got to see Nelson & his son again (3rd show in a row!).

Try again next Sunday at the Buckeye Comic Con in Columbus.

-bc

I showed up around 10:00. It is my first con since moving back to OH a week or so ago. Good to see guys I remember from 20+ years ago. Met 1Cool as we both looked through a book. Picked up a low grade Wilbur #5 (1st Katy Keene) and some other golden age books. Not bad for my first show back.

Reminisced with Greg (the show promoter) as I found some of the record keeping for sales I made in the 1990s. I sold him an Amazing Fantasy #15...for $500. Hope I do better this time around in OH.

I showed up around 10:00. It is my first con since moving back to OH a week or so ago. Good to see guys I remember from 20+ years ago. Met 1Cool as we both looked through a book. Picked up a low grade Wilbur #5 (1st Katy Keene) and some other golden age books. Not bad for my first show back.

Reminisced with Greg (the show promoter) as I found some of the record keeping for sales I made in the 1990s. I sold him an Amazing Fantasy #15...for $500. Hope I do better this time around in OH.

Nice meeting you Shevvy. You and bc will have to compete for all the old pre code books at the local cons - just leave all the more modern drek for me:). Was definitely a trip to have you come up while we were flipping thru long boxes and ask "are you 1cool? I recognize you from pictures". Superstar!

Nice haul !

Didn't get there to 12:30, by then it was packed. Picked up a few more PHMs including this TTA :

tta_7_cropped_zpshmjhksxf.jpg

And grabbed Strange Worlds 4 & 5 to complete that set :

strange_worlds_set_zpsbw5mzbjj.jpg

Got to see Nelson & his son again (3rd show in a row!).

Try again next Sunday at the Buckeye Comic Con in Columbus.

-bc

Nice books! Not sure if I'm going to make it down to Columbus next week but I'll be selling at the Con in Strongsville next month. Sounds like it will be a good show.