• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fandom Fest Louisville 29th-31st

6 posts in this topic

2 years ago there was one vendor (who people here may know) that has bar codes on all his books and when you purchase he scans them. That and maybe 2 or 3 other comic book vendors. The rest looked like local collectors that just decided to set up.

The show got really messed up 3 years ago (I believe that's right) when it was packed with people and over booked (you can Google about it.

Then the show 2 years ago had decent guests but nobody came because how bad it was the year before.

Go for Stan Lee if you want. It will probably be the only good part, unless you're excited about nsync and backstreet boys. :luhv:

I went last year and it was okay. Most of the people that I wanted to see cancelled, which I understand is normal for a lot of cons. The only one that bothered me was Karen Gillan. They announced her appearance 1 week before the con and took preorders for photo/autograph ops. Then the day before the con, she cancelled. It seemed shady to me announce her appearance that close to the start of the con only to have her cancel. The autograph/photo tickets were non-refundable even if the star cancelled and had to be transferred to other tickets they had at the show.

I am waiting until I get to the show this year before I buy any tickets to make sure the stars are there.

There weren't a lot of comic vendors from what I can recall. There were may 2-3 good booths with a few more mixed selling items other than comics.

The crowd was okay to me. Carrie Fisher's line was the only crowded area on the Saturday that I went.