• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sunday paper 4 color comics sections

5 posts in this topic

I have about 2 dozen weekly 4 color comics from the Cheshire Times a local Newspaper. Are these really collectible at all? I really couldn't find any info on the internet and thought someone here might be able to point me in the right direction if there is one. I am just curious I wouldn't part with them.

I have about 2 dozen weekly 4 color comics from the Cheshire Times a local Newspaper. Are these really collectible at all? I really couldn't find any info on the internet and thought someone here might be able to point me in the right direction if there is one. I am just curious I wouldn't part with them

Hey Bobel!

If you like them then they are collectible! thumbsup2.gif Actually who knows? This may be an ideal time to accumulate these color strips for inexpensive prices. But $$$ aside, if you like them, then I say collect them. I used to have many Spirit newspaper sections and I really enjoyed the other strips that were printed with them. smile.gif

they are all from the 30s. I will get them out tonight when I get home and list the strips for the hell of it. I haven't looked at them in 5 years. I know I gave the papers themselves to the local historical society a few years ago and am pretty sure I boxxed up the strips. Time for an attic tour. I can't recall offhand if there was flash Gordon or if it was a Flash Gordon knock off but, they had one or the other. I know there was Mutt and Jeff, Nancy and one other strip I can't remember the name of atm that I recognized and remember. I will put up a couple digital pics if I dig them up tonight.

Rod Rian of Sky Police was the Flash Gordon like strip. An obvious Flash Gordon rip off but down to the art deco rocket ships was the sci fi strip. I did a search and he showed up again in Flash comics. in the 40sI dug them up Saturday they were all from 1938 and were the sunday pullout section distributed by independent publishers. The nice thing was theywere in a sealed cardboard box which also contained all my Alan Moore DCs from the 80s and 30 or 40 early 70s marvels. I had assumed I'd mistakenly given them all of them to my stepson in the late 90s with the dollar bin marvels I'd given him so it was worth the hunt.