• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me? Sale threads...EBay sales

7 posts in this topic

I finally got a nice auction up that I have been planning. While I don't do it like this every time, it's my preference and , I think, best for buyers and myself as seller. Wish there were more like this across the spectrum of sellers on EBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/4gemworks/m.html?item=252455781771&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I finally got a nice auction up that I have been planning. While I don't do it like this every time, it's my preference and , I think, best for buyers and myself as seller. Wish there were more like this across the spectrum of sellers on EBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/4gemworks/m.html?item=252455781771&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Agree to disagree.

Is it because he starts at $.99? I always do that.

99 cents works for me. It might be 99 cents or 5 bucks. At the end of the day, an auction is what you end up with, not a simple item for sake at an arbitrary price. Much higher than this and you do not have a great auction, especially if you have some lower price items.

JS comics out of Neptune is an excellent example of a great auction seller on EBay.

Is it because he starts at $.99? I always do that.

I disagree with selling in this manner on eBay as it does not determine value. It determines who was paying attention in the time period right before the auction ends.

If this strategy for listing is used in an auction type such as ComicConnect or Heritage then I can see the point as it lets multiple people to determine the 'value' of an item until the guy that wants it the most ponies up for it.

On eBay... I have no problem saying that my items are priced at what I want for them. If that means that they sit for a year, then I am okay with that. If it means it is purchased within ten minutes of my posting it then I am okay with that too.

Overstreet is meaningless to me as far as 'value' other than its informational purchases. There are plenty of 'non key' books that I can use as examples to prove that point. Since when did the first Valkrye in Avengers 83 become hawt? Valkrye if a C List character at best. In this day of movie speculation Overstreet cannot keep up with the Fall TV schedule.

I have no personal issue with 4Gemworks. I don't think anyone would be able to find any negative interaction between the two of us. I also must say I never see him involved in any type of drama or nonsense on the boards. 4gem is not a drama queen or attention whore in any sense of the word. This is an agree to disagree situation where I see it as sour grapes over not being able to buy old newsprint at the value that the person trying to buy it places on it.

I think in comparison to a .99 start down the other end of the dial you have those that start auction with an opening bid above FMV. They are just hoping for some sap to bid. As for those with a reserve, well thats another turn off and a great way to get to steal the thunder of a sale. Have some balls and sell the damn book(s). Win some lose some is an ok way to be. Some just have to win on everything. "Oh I can sell it for xxx cause I paid xxx. Some people cant come to terms that things go down or the biggest reason, that they simply over paid and now want someone to be a bigger fool and magically buy it. If you buy it right in the beginning, and you got your finger on the pulse of the market, then yes go ahead and price it right, but you will never know what would have happened in an auction format. Win some lose some works all the time for me. And I am so far out in front at this point, I just got no way to lose unless I drop dead today. hm