• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can a DD or Batman truly exist?

28 posts in this topic

Can a blind guy stop a bullet by hitting it with a billy club?

No.

Can someone take down multiple attackers?

I am sure if the person knows what they are doing they can fend off two or three at a time. I don't know what I am doing... I am sure someone out there does though.

Can someone take down multiple attackers?

I am sure if the person knows what they are doing they can fend off two or three at a time. I don't know what I am doing... I am sure someone out there does though.

A good example would be Chuck Norris.

the problem is that both of them (Daredevil and Batman) use exceptional methods to avoid getting shot.

Daredevil has his superpowers (so that wouldnt work for Chuck Norris)

Batman has his technology which exceeds current reality (sure there are bullet proof vests, but not fully flexible bullet proof suits that would still allow chuck to do all of his Chuck moves.

One bad guy putting a shotgun in Batmans face and it's good by caped crusader... but the writers dont want to write that story (no one wants that story!)

so no in real life it wouldnt work, at least not for long.

DD no, Batman possibly.

Batman doesn't fight face to face staring down opponents with shotguns pointing at his face ( at least he shouldn't ); he attacks from the shadows and with surprise/ stealth. He has several gadgets to assist in this.

He is a ninja. A well trained ninja can definitely take down several opponents.

Bruce Lee claimed to have never been defeated in personal combat. So let's imagine someone with the fighting skills of Bruce Lee, dressed in a ninja costume using gas bombs, throwing darts and blow guns. I can see him taking down several bad guys.

DD no, Batman possibly.

Batman doesn't fight face to face staring down opponents with shotguns pointing at his face ( at least he shouldn't ); he attacks from the shadows and with surprise/ stealth. He has several gadgets to assist in this.

He is a ninja. A well trained ninja can definitely take down several opponents.

Bruce Lee claimed to have never been defeated in personal combat. So let's imagine someone with the fighting skills of Bruce Lee, dressed in a ninja costume using gas bombs, throwing darts and blow guns. I can see him taking down several bad guys.

The original Arkham Asylum had a mode like that where it showed that you could take down many different combatants but you had to "BE" Batman... there was no direct fighting when everyone was grouped together. You had to wait for your moments and take care of someone one or two at a time. On top of that you had to finish your battle before everyone else came running... then in the shadows get to the other side of the room or map and slowly pick off the stragglers again.

I've seen some videos(not sure how credible) of a dude intercepting a bullet with a samurai sword.

I think the shooter was aiming at a target and not the guys head though.

I think there are certainly folks who are extremley well versed in martial arts that can appear to be "super-hero like" in thier ability to take on multiple attackers with empty hands or knifes. If a gun is pulled best to hand over your wallet etc...

I've seen some videos(not sure how credible) of a dude intercepting a bullet with a samurai sword.

I think the shooter was aiming at a target and not the guys head though.

I think there are certainly folks who are extremley well versed in martial arts that can appear to be "super-hero like" in thier ability to take on multiple attackers with empty hands or knifes. If a gun is pulled best to hand over your wallet etc...

I think there are lots of factors to consider. A gun requires practice and training to fire with accuracy. A well trained ninja-like attacker could avoid being shot or disarm the gun wielding bad guy with a well placed throwing star.

The point being: Batman doesn't put himself in the position of taking on multiple attackers that have guns.

Biggest hurdle is money. I think when the Dark Knight Rises premier, I read an article where someone did the analysis as to the cost of being Batman considering the initial investment in gear, technology, maintenance, etc.. and it was an extremely high $$$ amount just for daily operations. So while it may be possible for a person to take on the persona of the Batman, he'd have to have enough money to sustain it and most individuals would not be able to.

Biggest hurdle is money. I think when the Dark Knight Rises premier, I read an article where someone did the analysis as to the cost of being Batman considering the initial investment in gear, technology, maintenance, etc.. and it was an extremely high $$$ amount just for daily operations. So while it may be possible for a person to take on the persona of the Batman, he'd have to have enough money to sustain it and most individuals would not be able to.

So does this "real" batman make budget cuts during recessions?

I know its kind of a slippery slope, but I've always thought Batman (and other heroes) should rob the bad guys they beat up and give their money (and maybe jackets/shoes) to homeless shelters. Obviously, Batman's respect for the law is not outweighed by his compassion for people in need. In theory, they're outlaws either way...so why not feed and clothe the poor while you're out there?

I'm being completely narrow here and am more aware of different situations than I let on.....

You haven't tried giving a bag of chips to a homeless person asking for money or smokes before.

I know its kind of a slippery slope, but I've always thought Batman (and other heroes) should rob the bad guys they beat up and give their money (and maybe jackets/shoes) to homeless shelters. Obviously, Batman's respect for the law is not outweighed by his compassion for people in need. In theory, they're outlaws either way...so why not feed and clothe the poor while you're out there?

Dirty $$$.

I guess the same reason why seized drug money can't be pumped back into the economy. (shrug)

That is... can a guy be fight so well to take down most larger opponents and multiple attackers?

In terms of a street fight, yes for sure. Take a look at your top UFC fighters for example, take 5 of us, heck, maybe 10 of us, and I'm pretty sure we would not stand a chance.

The difference between someone who's trained and untrained is vastly different.

That is... can a guy be fight so well to take down most larger opponents and multiple attackers?

In terms of a street fight, yes for sure. Take a look at your top UFC fighters for example, take 5 of us, heck, maybe 10 of us, and I'm pretty sure we would not stand a chance.

The difference between someone who's trained and untrained is vastly different.

True, but multiple attackers is tough even for someone highly trained. I'd like to see anyone take on 10 and walk way from it, let alone win.

I'm being completely narrow here and am more aware of different situations than I let on.....

You haven't tried giving a bag of chips to a homeless person asking for money or smokes before.

two weeks ago I there was a homeless dude standing between an 'ethnic' sandwich shop and the adjacent taco bell (but definitely closer to the sandwich shop). I was going in to get a sandwich, and asked the guy what kind of sandwich he wanted.

Homeless man: "are you sure you're not getting taco bell?"

Me: "I'm getting a sandwich HERE and offering to buy you one, for free, right now. Just tell me what type of meat, chicken, ham, turkey?"

homeless man: "Maybe next time man, thanks anyways"

Me: "Sure man, next time"

As I came out of the Sandwich shop he was still out their asking people for change.

That's why I was saying give criminal's gear/cash to the homeless SHELTER, they'll make sure it gets where it needs to go.

two weeks ago I there was a homeless dude standing between an 'ethnic' sandwich shop and the adjacent taco bell (but definitely closer to the sandwich shop). I was going in to get a sandwich, and asked the guy what kind of sandwich he wanted.

Homeless man: "are you sure you're not getting taco bell?"

Me: "I'm getting a sandwich HERE and offering to buy you one, for free, right now. Just tell me what type of meat, chicken, ham, turkey?"

homeless man: "Maybe next time man, thanks anyways"

Me: "Sure man, next time"

As I came out of the Sandwich shop he was still out their asking people for change.

That's why I was saying give criminal's gear/cash to the homeless SHELTER, they'll make sure it gets where it needs to go.

Glad you got a story like my experiences. Notice my disclaimer I stated before hand so we wouldn't be having this conversation lol

Sure, there's guys out there that can beat a small mob into submission. A touch of luck probably has to do with it, and the mob being drunk as hell.

But vigilante crime fighters can't really exist for more than a couple outings before being murdered or arrested. Probably one outing if they dare to wear a costume.