• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Kills Off Iconic Avenger [Civil War II SPOILERS]

172 posts in this topic

"An Asian-American Hulk, a female Thor and a Captain America vowing his allegiance to Hydra are just a few of the big-time moves Marvel has captivated fans with in its books."

Does captivated still mean the same as it did way back when or did Marvel change that too?

YAAAAWWWNN!!!

You know it has gotten to the point that all of the character killing/character changing Marvel does, just doesn't surprise anybody anymore. Just waiting for them to turn Thing into a Muslim who now yells 'Allah Akbar' instead of 'It's Clobbering Time', and Daredevil into a paraplegic centaur.

The House of Really Lame, Tired Ideas

Does anyone still read Marvel anyway?

No.

I kind of stopped around "Ultimates" though I *was* caught up through WW/Planet Hulk.

On possible bright side, a world population buying back issue Marvels won't hurt demand any. It's not like that many movie-goers are becoming collectors of full runs, I suspect the demand curve hasn't really shifted up (just steepened) so much as movie speculation has helped fueled the recent boom.

Back to baseball card collecting for me for a while till Marvel gets there act together.

meh. There is still 50 years worth of material to enjoy, read, and collect.

When I saw Amadeus Cho is now the Hulk I cancelled my subscription. I have been buying Hulk since I was 5, which as it turns out is 46 years as of yesterday.

So they decided to kill the real Hulk off? Since I stopped buying it I guess it no longer matters what I think.