• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Kills Off Iconic Avenger [Civil War II SPOILERS]

172 posts in this topic

Captain America who for me in comics stood for something special, a man of honor, integrity, respect a real iconic American hero is now a nazi, over 70 odd years of history.

Yes Captain America, Steve Rogers is a nazi, guess it's because he has the stereo typical blond hair and blue eyes.

It's like the last Star Trek movie, the history wiped by saying all that happened before does not happen now, trying to reinvent it and glorify himself.

Also on another note, a modern comic with new creations what I really loved reading, Kickass ;-) which went on to make films I really like. So it's not impossible to create new characters, who can be successful in new comics, for a newer generation.

It's just laziness as someone else said.

Going back to Batman, when I first started getting the new 52 stuff, I loved it. But with their top character, as I said they released so many different titles with him, not only that, so many different variants for each issue I just gave up on it.

The Hulk for me is sad, they already tried to push that silly teenage Hulk thing with Skarr Son of Hulk.

I think DC have paid off the new editor in chief at Marvel to sabotage their creations :-(

And someone keeps saying anti- not sure what he's meaning, but if he's meaning anti black, that's BS, I love characters like Luke Cage (not so much BP) and Blade, most of my friends are black, and they agree with me about what's happening at Marvel.

I take it you haven't actually READ the comics you are complaining about. Yes he said "Hail Hydra". Why? Because in the comics, a shard of the Cosmic Cube, which has become a human and influenced by the Red Skull, de-aged Captain America and gave him his powers back and brainwashed him into thinking he had always been a Hydra agent. He wasn't of course, it's just the story.

So......................if they "kill" the Banner Hulk and the market does not care, will they bring him back?

Random Sampling going back 3 and 6 years from this past June.

June 2010 Hulk Issue 23 Sales Rank: 29 Sales: 50,724

June 2013 Indestructible Hulk Issue 7 Sales Rank: 29 Sales: 49,427

June 2016 Totally Awesome Hulk Issue 7 Sales Rank: 80 Sales: 30,808

The tribe has spoken.

Hulk is one of my favourites, but I got really fed up when he was missing in action, although enjoyed The Hercules stories (love the Steranko annual 1 tribute issue), but hated that Red Hulk which is quite a few years ago now.

So......................if they "kill" the Banner Hulk and the market does not care, will they bring him back?

Random Sampling going back 3 and 6 years from this past June.

June 2010 Hulk Issue 23 Sales Rank: 29 Sales: 50,724

June 2013 Indestructible Hulk Issue 7 Sales Rank: 29 Sales: 49,427

June 2016 Totally Awesome Hulk Issue 7 Sales Rank: 80 Sales: 30,808

The tribe has spoken.

Thank you for the data. Clearly Hulk readers do not like their character messed with.

Will they return?

Hulk is one of my favourites, but I got really fed up when he was missing in action, although enjoyed The Hercules stories (love the Steranko annual 1 tribute issue), but hated that Red Hulk which is quite a few years ago now.

The Incredible Hercules was ok, but I will say it really annoyed me that the Incredible Hulk title suddenly got taken over by a 3rd rate character. I went to pick up my file and it didn't contain Hulk, but instead I got the Hercules stuff because according to my LCS "it was what I had ordered".

As to the Red Hulk: I also hated it. It was written very poorly, and the first dozen issues or so were all about proving to the reader that the Red Hulk is a strong bad-azz by having each issue feature a fight between RH and some other powerhouse. I think when I was 5 I would have loved it, today I am wanting something more.

I loved the Mr. Fixit run

I loved the Planet Hulk story

I loved World War Hulk

I even enjoyed the 2010 Hulk arc.

They can write decent stories about the character. I just don't care to see someone else as the Hulk, nor do I care to see a teenage boy as the Hulk.

I certainly have no interest if he is dead. :P

doh!

Yeah Planet Hulk was brilliant.

I liked World War Hulk, especially when Hulk and Sentry were gonna pretty much destroy the Earth fighting, was good to see The Strongest one there is go toe to toe with Sentry.

Yeah Planet Hulk was brilliant.

I liked World War Hulk, especially when Hulk and Sentry were gonna pretty much destroy the Earth fighting, was good to see The Strongest one there is go toe to toe with Sentry.

My favorite part of world War hulk was when the hulk went to the moon and took on black bolt.

"I didn't come here to hear you whisper, I came to hear you scream."

Yeah, I forgot that bit ;-) have to read them again, you've definitely read it, but really liked the Cross Roads story line, and Future Imperfect.

I liked crossroads as well and Future Imperfect is a must read for any Hulk fan. (thumbs u