• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghostbusters - Just saw it with my Daughter in DBOX seats....

6 posts in this topic

Been watching the original on cable this weekend but made a last minute decision to check out the "remake" today. One of our theaters has a few rows of DBOX

seats and wanted to check them out. For those that don't know, they are seats that move, vibrate and shake in response to action in the movie.

This review will be spoiler free. Overall I thought they did a great job with it considering the heavy backlash in messing with a beloved classic. The plot and elements in the film have a similar track as the first but changed enough to make it it's own and not feel like you were watching the same movie. The comedy for me was only OK. . It's hard to compete with Bill Murray in his prime.

Almost all the original cast made a cameo except for one (that was still alive). What I liked particularly was how their technology was developed. It was more raw and experimental as opposed to the way it was produced in the original.

The 3D was nicely done. Lots of depth but you don't feel things flying at you. The DBOX seats to me were more of a distraction than an enhancement. I think action movies with lots of motion would be appropriate. My daughter thought they were awesome, but she's young.

Movie I would give 3.5 out of 5. I would give it a higher score if the comedy was better, but I prefer the more R type of humor.

I thought that the writing could have been a little better, and I would have preferred a darker ambiance overall. Still, I enjoyed it. The cast was great, with Kate McKinnon stealing the show. I know you say that it's tough to compete with Murray in his prime, and I agree -- but the funniest Ghostbuster to ever appear on screen is in this movie, and it's Kate McKinnon.

3/5 stars, but this is a must-see because of McKinnon, IMO.

I saw this last night.

I didn't like the writing, and felt there were to many things happening that made no sense at all.

I also did not find the movie to be funny, and I wondered what type of film it was trying to be: horror, comedy, action? I felt it failed at all 3.

McKinnon was a bright spot.

Saw it on the weekend and it was enjoyably average and turned out to be much better then any other recent hollywood remakes (such as the abysmal Robocop and Total Recall remakes). Loved the many new gadgets and I would have gone crazy for those when I was a kid.

As everyone has been saying McKinnon is one of the best things about it. I was also constantly looking forward and trying to guess each cameo as the movie progressed - some very nice surprises. Also I usually avoid seeing things in 3D but it was very well done in this case and not overkill; Would recommend seeing it that way.