• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast

7 posts in this topic

Anyone else finding this a bit boring?

Watched up till 4th episode so far, and just bored with it, can't see this lasting the same way as Walking Dead, so I'd say sell them no 1's now speculators ;-)

I have to agree. The wife and I stopped around that episode too. While I have the rest recorded, I just haven't had the desire to sit down and watch them. Last night, I sat with the family and watched Stranger Things. Now that is a show I cannot wait until the next episode for. We watched 3 episodes straight yesterday and I suspect we'll have this first season finished by Monday night.

Outcast's problem is it quickly fell into a formula, but unlike other shows like Sleepy Hallow that also have the "monster or daemon of the week formula, none of the characters on Outcast are interesting. No humor or anything to draw the viewer back in. The Walking Dead never felt formulaic to me. This is the opposite of what I expected from the writer of The Walking Dead.

Anyone else finding this a bit boring?

Watched up till 4th episode so far, and just bored with it, can't see this lasting the same way as Walking Dead, so I'd say sell them no 1's now speculators ;-)

I have to agree. The wife and I stopped around that episode too. While I have the rest recorded, I just haven't had the desire to sit down and watch them. Last night, I sat with the family and watched Stranger Things. Now that is a show I cannot wait until the next episode for. We watched 3 episodes straight yesterday and I suspect we'll have this first season finished by Monday night.

Outcast's problem is it quickly fell into a formula, but unlike other shows like Sleepy Hallow that also have the "monster or daemon of the week formula, none of the characters on Outcast are interesting. No humor or anything to draw the viewer back in. The Walking Dead never felt formulaic to me. This is the opposite of what I expected from the writer of The Walking Dead.

I love the Walking Dead, but how can you say it's not formulaic? Find a new place to call home, run into a big, bad guy/group, fight with each other on how to handle it, come together and defeat the bad people. Repeat.