• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moon Knight (2014) Sienkiewicz Variant Cover

19 posts in this topic

Perhaps I'm not "in the know..." or maybe I just don't get how netflix can influence values.... doh!

Late last week I was catching up on the weeks sales and saw the 2014 Moon Knight Seinkiewicz variant cover selling for a pretty penny (raw).

I know there's all the buzz with Netflix and what have you and I have a copy of this one graded (9.8) and now I'm wondering is this a seller or a keeper? And what's the price point to put this on the market if it did go there?

Thoughts anyone? (shrug)

From a purely financial perspective, it depends on what camp you're in. If you're not in the 'modern rare / HTF variants are keys' camp it's an easy sell. It isn't a first appearance or 'traditional' key of any sort, it's a short-lived run #1 variant cover, so... there's only one facet to really look at the book from. If this were a WWBN 32 I'd have a completely different opinion.

You can probably tell what camp I fall in to.

If you're a Moon Knight collector it's a must have. Of course you get a WWBN 32 also. :kidaround: It's probably one of my top 5 favorite covers ever. I know the print run isn't high and I won't get into numbers because I don't want the thread to be derailed by that . I just know it took me a solid year to find a NM+ copy. If you're into speculating I think I'd hold onto it for now. A lot of people don't know about the book and once the masses catch wind of it it'll only get harder to find. I'd guesstimate a blue label 9.8 would push $1000 on eBay right now.

A lot of people don't know about the book

Proof of this?

Why would he need to provide proof, it is a personal observation of his.

because its nonsense that gets mentioned anytime a variant cover is discussed.

Proof of this?

Show me proof a lot of people do know about the book. It's an observation I've seen from discussions about the book on other sites. The collector's on this site aren't your every day pull list collector's.

It is a nice cover.

I'd still sell it. I have no idea what one would go for - $1000 seems absurd, but you know the old adage, it's worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Personally if I owned one and thought I could get anywhere near that much for it I'd break my neck rushing to get it on eBay.

Proof of this?

Show me proof a lot of people do know about the book. It's an observation I've seen from discussions about the book on other sites. The collector's on this site aren't your every day pull list collector's.

So your proof is nothing but anecdotal evidence. Which amounts to nothing. Fantastic. Carry on.

Proof of this?

So your proof is nothing but anecdotal evidence. Which amounts to nothing. Fantastic. Carry on.

Feel free to show evidence that states otherwise.. :troll:

Proof of this?

Does "people know about the book" = book sells for big, big money and is highly sought after?

I'll be the people that care know about the book. :gossip:

Proof of this?

Feel free to show evidence that states otherwise.. :troll:

You need evidence that a mass produced comic book, that was available to order through Diamond via any brick and mortar or online comics retailer, is not known by a lot of people (the masses, to use your words) who would otherwise be interested in something like this? Really? I mean who is this Bill Sienkiewicz guy, right?

Almost always when "A lot of people don't know about this book" is used in referencing a variant its nothing more than an empty platitude used to prop up a book. Can't wait for "the masses" to find out about this book and push the value through the roof. Any day now.

Pointing out bad advice/info isn't trolling btw.

Start thread to pump a book - Check!

Create sales thread to sell said book - Check! ( gratuitous sales thread )

Collect cash - .....TBD....?

Actually I started this thread to get a sense of opinion if this book should be sold or held onto. The overall response was to sell the book, so I am. I did not expect this thread to stay active.

I could close it off?