• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bethlehem Amazing Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.4 Slight (P) sells for $16.9K!!!

3 posts in this topic

Linky

Metropolis had this book on their website last year as a raw NM- 9.2 (cleaned and pressed, 2 tiny tear seals) for $6,000. I remember the book because I tried to buy it, but Vincent told me that it had been purchased a couple of days before I called about it. The buyer had Vincent send the book to CGC, where it received a grade of 9.4 Slight (P) (cleaned and pressed and two tear seals). The buyer immediately listed it on ebay with a BIN of $12,000. Another buyer hit the BIN within a short time after the auction began.

The book just resold for $16,899! Pretty impressive money for a book that sold raw for $6,000 last year! 893whatthe.gif

Linky

The book just resold for $16,899! Pretty impressive money for a book that sold raw for $6,000 last year! 893whatthe.gif

Yes, the paranoia over books with restoration is finally starting to subside. Especially for GA books and SA keys with only slight professional restoration. Within a few years, it will not surprise me if the best bargains looking back turns out to be slightly restored books bought from 2002 to 2004 during the height of the restoration paranoia. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just don't try picking up a restored copy of Spawn #1.....it's just not going to work! 27_laughing.gif