• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC NM 9.4 Sales History

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC NM 9.4 that sold in 2001 for $95,000 (as listed in OS32) is the same copy that later sold for 86,000 at Heritage and is now listed at PGCMint?

It's not listed with a pedigree notation.

I ask because I know that the copy that sold at Heritage was a recent (at the time) purchase and its sold for a loss. The particulars of the 2001 sale fits on both counts.

I just found Bob's mention of his Diamond Run sale at the Internet Archive:

"9.4 Amazing Fantasy #15

Highgradecomics.com was proud to say that in 2001 we sold the CGC 9.4 Diamond Run copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 for $86,000, today that book would sell for over $100,000. Click here for a look at one of the finest copies sold in the marketplace today."

I didn't update my site because I wasn't the one that sold it on Comiclink.

The book did sell for $86,000 and I haven't owned it since. I had the opportunity to buy it back prior to Comiclink listing and selling it but did not have a agreed upon sale prior to my time given to purchase the book. The Seller honored his agreement with me, I didn't write the very large check. If an opportunity like that happens again the outcome will be different.

thats still outdated info. It sold for 122K last year on Comiclink. Bob never updated it after that sale. Dont know why.

I posted Bob's old sale in order to knock the Diamond Run out of contention for the being the book that sold for 95,000 sale in 2001. When tth2 brought the DR copy up I remembered that he'd sold it and went to get the $$ figure.

I posted Bob's old sale in order to knock the Diamond Run out of contention for the being the book that sold for 95,000 sale in 2001. When tth2 brought the DR copy up I remembered that he'd sold it and went to get the $$ figure.

I read that paragraph 6 times before I finally scanned that 'bought' was actually 'brought'. My admiration for Tim was skyhigh before that! hail.gif

The book did sell for $86,000 and I haven't owned it since. I had the opportunity to buy it back prior to Comiclink listing and selling it but did not have a agreed upon sale prior to my time given to purchase the book. The Seller honored his agreement with me, I didn't write the very large check. If an opportunity like that happens again the outcome will be different.

if you were offerred the book again today, what do you think it would be offerred at to you?

I just wondered why you left in at the end the sentence you wrote (accurately) that it would (when you wrote it) today be worth $100,000 when anyone reading it presumably had already read elsewhere that it had just sold for far more. I kept waiting for you to add "In fact, it just changed hands for $122000" or something like that. Adding that would have made you look all-knowing. Or at least up with the latest market trends.

I really don't need to keep a running track of what the Diamond run #1 sells for. A dealers jokingly stated that what it is sells for $75,000? To me listing the price it sold for will silence some of my critics who complain that I'm priced too high. Well, if you had bought it the first time you would have made $36,000 selling it a few years later.

I look at the same way I look at some of the prices my FF collection issues are selling for. If you don't put them into the market you will never know what a book will sell for. I have real price references, real sales and a real house I'm living in because I sold these books. .