• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed Lady Death Dark Millennium #1 EBAS w/ Real Swarovski Crystals

52 posts in this topic

I heard that CGC won't grade this type of book that has aftermarket modifications, so to some this is like taking a common car and adding gaudy rims, a rear spoiler, racing stripes, aftermarket exhaust system and tricking it out, many equally think it's overkill as to those who think it's stylish.

I think these have a value in the open market of no more than $50 for the novelty.

Population / printings today don't mean that much when it's a pointed marketing effort to create a limited edition collectible time and time again.

The fact that 7 of the 10 are still available direct from the source and only 3 were either sold or given away, says it's pretty ice cold and overpriced at $150.

Yes it is its my listing. I was wondering if I was selling it for the correct price.

What do you think it's worth.

And why do you think it's worth that?

Yes it is its my listing. I was wondering if I was selling it for the correct price.

Do you think he's still wondering about it since he posted this in June?

And why do you think he's still wondering that?

Because the crystals might be worth more today than in June?

Or where those crystals bedazzled by someone before they were placed in on the comic? Then they definitely might be worth more. :whistle:

Or where those crystals bedazzled by someone before they were placed in on the comic? Then they definitely might be worth more. :whistle:

hm

I will consult my crystals for the answer.

hm

I will consult my crystals for the answer.

Google vajazzling!

You guys are . Poor guy just wanted some input from more experienced collectors.

1) these covers are not aftermarket mods. They are manufactured like this before they hit the market.

2) you are looking at a very niche market and should NOT look at these books as an investment in any sense.

3) I love the Lady Death "Naughty" and "Jeweled" covers, but I collect them with zero intent to resell because you'll never make money on them and more than likely lose money.

I fell into the very literal "booby" trap with the Grimm Fairy Tales books but quickly learned that I was very alone in that interest. The comics... Not the boobies...

You guys are . Poor guy just wanted some input from more experienced collectors.

I think people (of which many are collectors) are just jaded after seeing the 'what's this shiny new thing worth' threads and living through the 90's which almost broke the hobby.

But the reality is that if someone can figure out how to register and post on a chat forum they're probably savvy enough to Google all the info they need.

And there have been a few shill accounts who have asked questions like this just to get people going.

But I agree, that it's easy to at least give them a proper answer and we should.