• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #s 11, 39, 41, 44, 46 SOLID LOW GRADE!

16 posts in this topic

THREAD CLOSED

Hello again everyone! Got a few solid, raw early ASMs up today!

I've been a buyer and seller here on the boards many times and I also have many satisfied comic customers on ebay (ebay id able-pawn). Check out my kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8328005#Post8328005

First :takeit: in thread OR by pm trumps any negotiations or discussions (YOU MUST SPECIFY DESIRED BOOK OR BOOKS) . No HOSers or Probies. Paypal preferred but I may consider other methods (check, money order) if contacted first before taking it. Returns are accepted within 7 days as long as books are in EXACT condition in which they are received.

Shipping within the US via USPS Priority is $7 for the first raw book and $1 extra for each additional raw per order. No international shipping at this time...very sorry :(

Please feel free to pm me with any questions or offers or if you need better pics...Thanks for looking at my stuff!

Amazing Spider-Man #7 (5.5/6.0, OW) - $300 SOLD! VERY solid book for the grade, IMHO. Cover and CF well-attached, top staple a little darkened but no active rust or migration. Moderate spine wear with some color cracking/chipping as well as quite a few color-breaking spine creases and some slight staple tearing. No splitting, though. The bottom left corner has been bent and there are several long creases along the spine below the staple that only break color near the spine...a professional pressing would probably make this book look alot better. Slight dust shadow on FC, right edge. 2 printer creases on FC, right edge. Light upper and lower edge wear. Corners are blunted and have some small creases. BC is slightly dingy and has some numbers written in ink at upper right corner. Book is relatively flat with no apparent moisture damage or staining. Pages are off-white and supple. Book is complete and doesn't appear to have any restoration. To my knowledge, book has not been pressed.

ScanImage001_zpsv5yecmeo.jpg

ScanImage002_zpssmuraotr.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #8 (5.5/6.0, OW/W) - $250 SOLD! Another VERY solid book and, IMHO, nicely presenting for the grade. Cover and CF are well-attached and staples show no rust or migration. Book is flat with no major creases. Very small wrinkle/pinch in the red area before "the Human Torch." Nice looking spine with some slight cracking/flaking with maybe about 20 small color-breaking spine creases and some very slight staple tearing. No splitting. Corners are blunted with a few fibers showing. There are 2 tiny pencil marks on the FC, bottom edge and some small numbers in pencil below the green bar on the FC. FC has some dinginess on the right edge. BC is slightly dingy and also has a small pencil mark near the spine. I really feel a professional dry cleaning and press would make this book look even better! Off-white to white pages with no apparent restoration. Book is complete and, to my knowledge, has not been pressed.

ScanImage001_zpsqavxplbp.jpg

ScanImage002_zpszgx4jbbl.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #10 (4.0/4.5, C/OW) - $150 SOLD! Solid book here, too folks. Well-attached at cover and CF with some small rust spots on top staple (none at CF and no migration). Name stamp just below logo. Small numbers written in ink inside the "S" of logo. Some similar bending creases as the #7 on the FC lower left corner that only break the color for about half their length. Approx. 1/2" spine chip/split at top of spine. Some minor staple tears at both staples. Spine has a moderate amount of creasing with some color cracking/flaking. Top edge overhang wear/chipping and small stain top edge near spine chipping. Cover is slightly dingy but has nice color. BC has some foxing and dinginess on top & left edge. Moderate amount of interior cover tanning. Book lays flat with no major creasing. Pages are cream to off-white and supple. Book is complete and shows no apparent restoration. Book has not been pressed to my knowledge.

ScanImage001_zpsbou02tpi.jpg

ScanImage002_zpsmjfusua4.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #11 (2.5/3.0, C/OW) - $125 Stain on FC, right edge going through book to BC. Minor water damage to FC lower left corner with small stain going through to the BC. Moderate spine wear with creasing, chipping and color flaking. Moderate staple tears, but no splitting and the staples are well-attached at the cover and CF. Some darkening and minor rust on staples, but no transfer to cover or pages. Corners are blunted with fibers showing and creasing. Small tear FC top edge and three large color-breaking creases on FC, lower right. BC is dingy and has some foxing. Small chip on BC, left edge. Moderate foxing/tanning to interior cover. Pages are cream to off-white and supple. Book is complete and show no apparent restoration. Book has not been pressed to my knowledge.

ScanImage002_zpsrx5c78tb.jpg

ScanImage003_zpsxcqrzlli.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #39 (1.8/2.0, C/OW) - $50 This copy has a few cosmetic issues but is still attached everywhere and somewhat presentable for the grade, IMHO. Large area of moisture damage with color loss bottom edge, FC. 1" lower spine tear/split with a decent little chunk missing and some splitting of the wraps at the bottom corner. Vertical creasing along right edge of FC. Small pen mark in upper left corner of FC. Spine has several small tears with moderate tearing at the staples. Staples show no rust. BC has a large stain at upper left going through entire book as well as a smaller stain top edge that doesn't appear to go through to pages. There is some residual paper from another comic stuck to the BC, lower edge. Pages are cream to off-white and supple. Book is complete and shows no apparent restoration. Book has not been pressed to my knowledge.

ScanImage001_zpsbfzhfogk.jpg

ScanImage002_zpshoffw1mt.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #41 (3.0/3.5, C/OW) - $60 Book is solid and attached at both the cover and CF. Staples are rust-free. Nice colors. 1/2" spine split top with small chip out. several small tears/paper flaking upper spine near top staple. 2 color-breaking creases FC lower right corner. Several vertical creases along spine. Moderate foxing and dinginess, front and back covers. Heavy tanning to interior cover. Pages are cream to off-white and supple. Book is complete and shows no apparent restoration. Book has not been pressed to my knowledge.

ScanImage003_zpssmhtwnwv.jpg

ScanImage004_zpstwjnmhrl.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #44 (4.0/4.5, C/OW) - $45 Pretty nice looking book, IMHO. Cover and CF well-attached at staples. Nice deep colors and cover retains some gloss. Chip missing from FC, top right corner. Couple of small tears on FC right edge. Several color-breaking creases at corners. Longish crease FC right side near "M" in Spider-Man logo. Several vertical creases along spine. Slight moisture rippling to right edge of FC with a couple of small, light stains going through to first few pages. Color flake/chip on lower spine above lower staple. General wear on all edges. Tiny specks on lower part of FC. BC has tear on lower edge as well as a crease across the upper left corner. Moderate tanning to BC and interior covers. Pages are cream to off-white and supple. Book is complete and shows no apparent restoration. Book has not been pressed to my knowledge.

ScanImage001_zpso5ajtpbk.jpg

ScanImage002_zpsdpzzlbxj.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #46 (3.5/4.0, C/OW) - $45 Cover and CF are well-attached to staples. Staples show no rust. Partial subscription crease seems to stop on Spidey's right bicep. Two long color-breaking creases FC, upper left. Creasing and some small tears top edge, FC. Corners are blunted BC has a couple of smudges near the lower right side. Heavy tanning to BC and interior covers. Pages are cream to off-white and supple. Book is complete with no apparent restoration. Book has not been pressed to my knowledge.

ScanImage001_zpstyweylo2.jpg

ScanImage002_zpsxkkibwrm.jpg