• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Question

4 posts in this topic

I am not the grading expert so I figured I would ask for advice. I have a copy that would otherwise be in NM/M condition except for the fact that it has 1/4" tear on the front. What grade would you consider it now.

I am not the grading expert so I figured I would ask for advice. I have a copy that would otherwise be in NM/M condition except for the fact that it has 1/4" tear on the front. What grade would you consider it now.

If it is really a 9.8 except for the tear and if the tear is relatively unobtrusive and was not caused during production, best case scenario is probably 9.0 or maybe 9.2 if the tear is really hard to see.

There is no way the book would get a qualified grade for a front cover tear like that.

If it is really a 9.8 except for the tear and if the tear is relatively unobtrusive and was not caused during production, best case scenario is probably 9.0 or maybe 9.2 if the tear is really hard to see.

There is no way the book would get a qualified grade for a front cover tear like that.

If it were on the BEBC, it might even get an 8.5 wink.gif

hi.gif