• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I wish I had $46,000 right now

47 posts in this topic

Very cool!

I wonder why it got a NG, since it is a complete copy in itself. Also, why would CGC mention that all 3 edges have been hand-trimmed and assembled at D.C. Comics offices?

Probably because there has been so much mystery surrounding its true form. This adds great provenance to the piece.

I thought CGC wasn't certifying (even NG?) ashcans anymore?

What's the rationale for CGC not certifying ashcans anymore, if this is the case? (shrug)

I was told that they couldn't authenticate them with certainty, but there may be other reasons.

Perhaps someone more familiar with ashcans can clarify.

What's the rationale for CGC not certifying ashcans anymore, if this is the case? (shrug)

I was told that they couldn't authenticate them with certainty, but there may be other reasons.

Geez, if thats the case, wouldn't that hurt the value of all existing CGC graded ashcans ? Especially higher graded copies that if unslabbed cannot then be resubmitted

Geez, if thats the case, wouldn't that hurt the value of all existing CGC graded ashcans ? Especially higher graded copies that if unslabbed cannot then be resubmitted

There was a period of time when they decided not to slab ashcans but that's been changed now for at least two years.