• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanos Quest - 2nd Printings

12 posts in this topic

I think looking on ebay finished sales will provide you with the pricing information you're interested in.

I am not sure if you are referring to my auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222208163023?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Back in the day, 2nd Prints were not considered as wanted as 1st Prints for obvious reasons. Times have changed and people actually want and seek out other printings. There are not much CGC sales for the 2nd print. If you look at raw sales, they are going for a whole range of prices, some almost as much as a graded CGC book. Go figure.

Actually no, these are raw copies of the 2nd printings. They look to be in damn good shape however. Much appreciated to everyone though with responses and info.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182226621574?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

How do you know what printing they are?

Messaged the seller after getting feedback from folks here. I guess they didn't know to list it that info or didn't think it was worth it?

Zero feedback seller. Also, states VF to NM which a wide range. I would stay away and buy from someone with good feedback.

If it's reasonably priced though and they actually are good copies? I mean if nothing else, I could surely drop them at my LCS for some difference and recoup on funds. Yea, seems like the user just opened the store. Everyone's gotta start somewhere I guess.

I bought a Thanos Quest 1 and 2 (2nd print) they graded out at 9.8 and 9.6 respectively.

I sold the #2 second print months ago and am still sitting on the #1 9.8 1st print to sell at the median average. I was worried the second print wouldn't sell or I would lose money. It sold about 25% less than the going rate for a 1st print. That was probably 6 months ago.

Don't think that CGC won't catch that it's a second print, they will.