• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan art of Golden Age characters

12 posts in this topic

2732819988_576c3ee0c3_b.jpg

I think I still have this one but not sure if I made this scan. The shading used by John is complex. Several patterns were used.

That's a favourite of mine.

Love the slightly offbeat look in the art. (thumbs u

I think its because they wanted a certain House look in there early years. They didn't branch out till Neal Adams and others came along in the later 60's.

Does anyone have GB Love's EC Rocket's Blast Special? I'm sure that I have one socked back somewhere, but can't seem to locate it. As I recall there's a full page Old Witch illustration by a fan artist of the period that wasn't too bad. It certainly qualifies as early fan art.

I don't have the EC special.  I have another which was produced by a separate group. 

While digging through my fanzine box, I noticed the Comicollector issue published by Foss and Green.  The art which was added by Foss and Green was great.  I still smile when I see the intro.

comicollector foss.jpg

Although Adam Link was a character from the pulps, his stories made great reading in Fantasy Illustrated.  Art was by D. Bruce Berry.  Cover is by Landon Chesney.

2701371084_e5c8b9f360_b.jpg