• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High grade DC Bronze horror on ebay!

47 posts in this topic

I got a fantastic HOS lot from Matthew recently.. 25 books I think...most in VF or better condition.

Less then $5 a pop.

Kudos Shiver.. thumbsup2.gif

oops wrong Kudos thread..

Still a great guy/seller

Just makes me mad.. he keeps breaking out nicer and nicer stuff.. frustrated.gif

Kenny

I'll take his leftovers all day long. cloud9.gif

Same here. Sterling and Matthew are unloading alot of books while the rest of us are bulking up on them. Sterling (thanks!) sold me a nice large lot of DC BA Horror recently too. A giant pile of nice VF +/- books. I think I now have about six long boxes of BA Horror with four of them being DCs. grin.gif

I did consider putting them here first. I usually do. I'll ship for free to forum members as an apology.....

next time, I'll list here first.... sorry.gif

Wouldn't have made a difference! I would have gotten what I wanted anyways! headbang.gif

Delusions of gradeur - screwy.gif

I did consider putting them here first. I usually do. I'll ship for free to forum members as an apology.....

Wouldn't have made a difference! I would have gotten what I wanted anyways! headbang.gif

yeahok.gif

I tell ya...laugh if you want but some of those lots are a huge bargain and usually contain some pristine comics with bone white pages. sumo.gif

Jim

True, but unfortunately calm-mix has gone mostly CGC now and those BA ASM lots he once had are now presumably an extinct species. Or at least he's just not listing them anymore. frown.gif

I've bought a few books off him, but ya he's CGCing now - which is his perogative. However I think he's CGCing books that are not really worth slabbing. IE currently WWBN #1 7.5 - WWBN books in the VF range are not slab worthy - same goes for the Spotlight issues in Mid-grade. news.gif

I've bought a few books off him, but ya he's CGCing now - which is his perogative. However I think he's CGCing books that are not really worth slabbing. IE currently WWBN #1 7.5 - WWBN books in the VF range are not slab worthy - same goes for the Spotlight issues in Mid-grade. news.gif

I think that is because he doesn't know how to grade. He's an honest guy, but from what I hear not an actual comic dealer (more of a book dealer) and doesn't know how to grade properly. I've bought books off him that he described as poor or good that were actually about VF-. Not always, but sometimes, and sometimes the other way around. Good thing he often puts up nice scans.

I think that is because he doesn't know how to grade. He's an honest guy, but from what I hear not an actual comic dealer (more of a book dealer) and doesn't know how to grade properly. I've bought books off him that he described as poor or good that were actually about VF-. Not always, but sometimes, and sometimes the other way around. Good thing he often puts up nice scans.

I blame you for any CGC problems... tongue.gif

Jim

yeahok.gif

Shouldn't you be buying Romance books anyway confused.gif

yeahok.gif

Getting old with the same old comments that I don't give a rat's arse about makepoint.gif Signs of a desperate person! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gif

Getting old with the same old comments that I don't give a rat's arse about makepoint.gif Signs of a desperate person! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I got Greggy to actually type a sentence 893whatthe.gifacclaim.gifyay.gif

I blame you for any CGC problems... tongue.gif

Jim

Sorry to go off topic Matthew, but hey, it happens. Yeah Jim, I did write him a while back telling him how to do the CGC thing, don't know if that is what got him started or not though. Before that there is probably no single Ebay dealer that I have bought more books from. Probably good he stopped, I had too many copies of ASM 102-150 anyway. All sold off now though.