• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sleeping Characters associated with Batman and Superman in the GA

2 posts in this topic

With Action #23 (1st Lex Luthor) getting a bump and a bit ( 5.5 sold for $15k recently plus one here on the boards for $15.5k), who do you think will be the next long overdue character from the Golden Age to shine?

And why - not just financially.

I personally believe that Detective #58 and #66 (for disclosure, yes I own both) are incredibly under appreciated.

When you think of Batman - then obviously Robin, Catwoman, The Joker and Commisioner Gordon spring to mind.

But surely so does Two-Face and The Penguin?

With Superman - the Kents, Lois, Jimmy etc.

Do those 1st apps get their due?

I appreciate there are some we would all sooner forget:

The King of Cats

The Human Magnet

Mr Camera etc

So Golden Age Boardies - who is your sleeping GA character associated with Supes or The Bat- and why?

Personally - Worlds Finest Comic #3 - 1st Scarecrow (no I don't have one - but it's on my list) is so criminally under-rated that it's, well, criminal!

Over to you guys.....

It's left the station but tec 73 is probably the best post 38 cover. I'd prefer it over wf3 any day. Superman 30 and 61 are sleepers. But after Luthor the superman villains drop off badly. Toy man? Prankster?

Brainiac bizarro are quality. I think first Lois and jolsen will never command anything unless they can carry a title or tv show which is unlikely.