• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAtor has books MISSING at Tampa Con which are then FOUND!

309 posts in this topic

I'll reserve congratulations until the comics are safely in Rick's possession, but :wishluck:

I hope he gets everything back and the info is from a reliable source and not someone yanking his chain. :wishluck:

certain books were identified that confirm box identity. Beyond that , I'm still optimistic I will get back via the agreed method. Still would rather have been on the road getting tonight but as long as it ends well, I will feel blessed

Great news Rick, I hope this closes out quickly for you.

If I were to speculate, I'd say he was unloading his van/truck, saw a really quick opportunity to snatch a box, did so and didn't dare to bring it out. After realizing the value of the goods and the press that this theft was getting, he figured he was in over his head and therefore reached out to do the right thing. My 2c

That would be my guess.

If I stole the books and got cold feet the last thing I'd do would be to hang myself out there by trying to give them back.

My guess is the person in contact with you knows the person who stole them (a relative or employee perhaps, or maybe bought them pennies on the dollar themselves, and is trying to duck a receiving stolen property charge) and want's to get them back to you, but also wants to protect the person who stole them.(or themselves for buying stolen property)

I don't think you are talking to the actual thief.

If I were to speculate, I'd say he was unloading his van/truck, saw a really quick opportunity to snatch a box, did so and didn't dare to bring it out. After realizing the value of the goods and the press that this theft was getting, he figured he was in over his head and therefore reached out to do the right thing. My 2c

That would be my guess.

If I stole the books and got cold feet the last thing I'd do would be to hang myself out there by trying to give them back.

My guess is the person in contact with you knows the person who stole them (a relative or employee perhaps, or maybe bought them pennies on the dollar themselves, and is trying to duck a receiving stolen property charge) and want's to get them back to you, but also wants to protect the person who stole them.(or themselves for buying stolen property)

Why not? The guy says it was a mistake and chances are nothing comes of it as you can't prove that it was intentional. If he hangs on to them he runs the risk of getting into a whole lot of trouble.

I appreciate all the positive comments

I know it's tough , even for me, but all the speculation serves no positive purpose. In fact could even have a negative effect.

Until books are back in my possession I'm still on pins and needles and really would continue to appreciate all the prayers and positive sentiments!

Thanks

That would be my guess.

Why not? The guy says it was a mistake and chances are nothing comes of it as you can't prove that it was intentional. If he hangs on to them he runs the risk of getting into a whole lot of trouble.

There was no mistake here. The way Rick described his offloading on Thursday afternoon, someone very intentionally had to go into his "pile" of staged items to find the box. Clearly, the guy realizes the consequences now are pretty grim (grand larceny = lengthy jail time), and would rather see the items returned with no charges being filed. I don't blame him; a couple of AF 15s are nice, but not worth taking it up the poop shoot for a 5-10 stretch.

I know it's tough , even for me, but all the speculation serves no positive purpose. In fact could even have a negative effect.

Until books are back in my possession I'm still on pins and needles and really would continue to appreciate all the prayers and positive sentiments!

Thanks

We are all pulling and praying for you Rick. :wishluck:

Thanks

Glad to hear that you should be getting them back soon. I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw the list of stuff that was taken! :eek:

Thanks

Totally agree. Hope these are back in the hands of the rightful owner quickly.

Thanks

(thumbs u

Don't worry, these books were meant to come back to you. :)

This is all Roy's fault (again).

Theory confirmed. Guy was doing load in and was so distracted by Roy's flowing hair that he ended up grabbing the wrong box.

Correct. I was trying to cosplay as greggy when one of my locks fell out from under my greggy mask. At that point it was over.

Thanks

We are all pulling and praying for you Rick. :wishluck:

Yup. Happy for you, Rick. :wishluck: