• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action comics #1 ...top 5 unrestored copies....by cgc

10 posts in this topic

in answer to a previous post,these are the 5 highest graded unrestored copies

1....action comics #1 CGC 8.5 BLUE LABLE UNRESTORED[rusted staples]

this copy was sold by pce in 1994 for 137k

2...action comics #1 cgc 7.5 BLUE LABLE..very slight restoration.......

sold in mastronet auction in 2002 for 194k apprx......

3...action comics #1...CGC 6.5 blue lable unrestored.......................

this was the white rose copy sold by heritage in 2003 for 120k....

this book was re-subbed and graded to a cgc 6.5...

4]action comics #1...CGC 5.5 BLUE LABLE unrestored...........

this was the upgraded 6.5 white rose copy and should no longer be on the list..

5]action comics #1 CGC 4.5 unrestored.....

this is the nick cage copy that sold for 86k

this list only lists cgc graded copies and does not include ungraded pedigrees such

as the mile high,larson or kansas city copies of action 1,,,for example...

well,that post was a bit old i must admit ,but it never went answered

I remember the thread now, it went unanswered in a way, but I believe the poster was looking for the top five unrestored copies overall, not just by CGC (not much point in asking about that as the census is just a couple of mouse clicks away.)

Thanks for consolidating this info, it's very interesting, particularly about the resub of the White Rose copy. If you don't mind my asking, how do you know the White Rose copy was resubbed from a 5.5 to 6.5? Was it on the market previously as a 5.5?

Interesting reminder that PCE used to handle some of the biggest deals. It seems like after they discovered the PC collection, instead of leveraging on it to go from strength to strength they seem to have gone into hibernation.

hi/

the white rose copy is on the cgc picture gallery,check the pics its the blue lable cgc5.5 action 1......i saw a scan of it after it was resubbed in a cgc 6.5 holder..

i also saw it in person at heritage when it was a 5.5,,it has very very rich color on the front cover,,the colors are deeper than the 8.5 copy[you can see them side by side on cgc gallery pictures,,the 5.5 cover colors are very clearly richer than the 8.5,,it has off white pages,and a few verylighr scractches near the logo,,it deserved to be ungraded and there was mention of it deserving to be so at the pre auction veiwing..