• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Movie Trouble?

46 posts in this topic

Damage control time.
With 4 posts in 1 minute!!!

I wasn't really swayed by the first three, but the fourth totally convinced me.

"Real lasso of truth, time..." that's a great quote.

What about the last sentence in her 1st post "produce a source, anyone"!!! lol If this news was from an inside source, the whistle blower would be out of the job pretty quickly.

Damage control time.

It is! Bring that into a Wonder Woman argument and you've won... ;)

You know what isnt in trouble?

Batman Adventures 12.

Holy spoon last CGC 9.8 sale: $2850.

Suicide Squad just monstered keyed that book even more!

:screwy: Wny would someone pay that when there are multiple 9.8s on eBay for BINs or best offer for hundreds less?? Dumb!! this book in 9.8 was only a couple hundred bucks just a few years ago. I question sales like this knowing someone probably has hoarded this book as is looking to capitalize. there are over a thousand 9.6/9.8s already on CGCs cencus and Gosh knows how many from the other companies. I think people buy say 20 or 30 copies then have a buddy list one for an significantly higher and Buy that copy and make sure the sale is public then wammo!! see how many gullible fools will bite on their copies. I agree this book is key and should be worth money but it is climbing way to fast IMO. This is the reason I can't get in this market for these newer keys. Just to simple for someone to manipulate the market if they have the means

I usually agree, but to keep this short and sweet.

Bat 12 is trading exactly correctly.

Harley Quinn for now and the foreseeable the most popular female character, yes well over Wonder Woman.

Hulk 181 is common as dirt, but the demand is infinite. Same for Bat Adv 12.

Quick go buy Roy's at $1800 and make a grand on it...

Yes I agree Hulk 181 is common but Hulk 181 has grown at a much slower and healthier pace. I think you may have missed my point though my friend. I totally agree Harley is THE single most popular female DC character. I stated it is a key I am not arguing that I actually like the book and don't mind it being worth a ton of money in high grade it deserves that. This one sale that you originally posted is what I had an issue with. Again, why would someone pay hundreds of dollars more for something that could be had for much less At any time there is quite literally ALWAYS multiple high grade copies for sale and I don't want to hear that maybe they didn't look at eBay. If you are willing to drop 3K on a funny book just because Harley Quinn was in a major motion picture you probably have a smart phone/computer and hopefully have done a little legwork as far as pricing goes but I could be wrong and if I am than this sale should be considered an outlier not the norm. It's trading at a very healthy rate. I think not. It more fishy than that.

Damage control time.

:cloud9:

y7dYBV8.gif

IDK, I saw it blow up on twitter and I think it was a non-story and speaks to the value of some of the major news sites getting people with real jobs having to answer questions from an obvious fake/fan.

Studios are incredibly powerful and Hollywood is a small town, the Joblo thing is correct, nobody would risk future employment and earnings to rail on a movie that's so far out, nevermind the legal implications, and remember when they want to Studios find silly torrenters in OTHER COUNTRIES when they give a damn enough to actually find someone, nevermind a person who they would actually know and have employment files on.

I think we have to look at it beyond the obvious take of "hell yeah a disgruntled employee would say that", and no they wouldn't. It's not McDonalds, where you can fuss out who you want your future earnings isn't probably going to effected, it's the movie business, and everyone in it knows each other at that level.

We have to remember that marketers and the people that make these films are in most cases not fanish at all in the way we view that term on messageboards and social media, and that piece reads total fanboy.

Batman Adventures 12.

:screwy: Wny would someone pay that when there are multiple 9.8s on eBay for BINs or best offer for hundreds less?? Dumb!! this book in 9.8 was only a couple hundred bucks just a few years ago. I question sales like this knowing someone probably has hoarded this book as is looking to capitalize. there are over a thousand 9.6/9.8s already on CGCs cencus and Gosh knows how many from the other companies. I think people buy say 20 or 30 copies then have a buddy list one for an significantly higher and Buy that copy and make sure the sale is public then wammo!! see how many gullible fools will bite on their copies. I agree this book is key and should be worth money but it is climbing way to fast IMO. This is the reason I can't get in this market for these newer keys. Just to simple for someone to manipulate the market if they have the means

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_bubble

Batman Adventures 12.

Harley Quinn for now and the foreseeable the most popular female character, yes well over Wonder Woman.

Yes I agree Hulk 181 is common but Hulk 181 has grown at a much slower and healthier pace. I think you may have missed my point though my friend. I totally agree Harley is THE single most popular female DC character. I stated it is a key I am not arguing that I actually like the book and don't mind it being worth a ton of money in high grade it deserves that. This one sale that you originally posted is what I had an issue with. Again, why would someone pay hundreds of dollars more for something that could be had for much less At any time there is quite literally ALWAYS multiple high grade copies for sale and I don't want to hear that maybe they didn't look at eBay. If you are willing to drop 3K on a funny book just because Harley Quinn was in a major motion picture you probably have a smart phone/computer and hopefully have done a little legwork as far as pricing goes but I could be wrong and if I am than this sale should be considered an outlier not the norm. It's trading at a very healthy rate. I think not. It more fishy than that.

To continue on this:

1 the book didn't sell for 2860 and shouldn't be on GPA as seen here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-ADVENTURES-12-CGC-9-8-5-BONUS-ITEMS-HARLEY-QUINN-SUICIDE-SQUAD-MOVIE-/272332818578

All kinds of other Harley junk came with it. Sure most of it isn't worth much but alas doesn't belong on GPA.

2. The seller then followed up selling this lot by simply relisting it a couple of days later:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-ADVENTURES-12-CGC-9-8-5-BONUS-ITEMS-HARLEY-QUINN-SUICIDE-SQUAD-MOVIE-/282133123210?

Batman Adventures 12.

To continue on this:

1 the book didn't sell for 2860 and shouldn't be on GPA as seen here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-ADVENTURES-12-CGC-9-8-5-BONUS-ITEMS-HARLEY-QUINN-SUICIDE-SQUAD-MOVIE-/272332818578

All kinds of other Harley junk came with it. Sure most of it isn't worth much but alas doesn't belong on GPA.

2. The seller then followed up selling this lot by simply relisting it a couple of days later:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-ADVENTURES-12-CGC-9-8-5-BONUS-ITEMS-HARLEY-QUINN-SUICIDE-SQUAD-MOVIE-/282133123210?

The $2860 sale is NOT legit.

CASE CLOSED!

Damage control time.

:cloud9:

y7dYBV8.gif

That letter is full of a ton of compostable_fertilizer. I'll leave it at that.

Not sure if DC movies are in trouble if the maistream is still buying the "swampland" they keep selling.

I could see if the domestic grosses were "Steel" or "Batman & Robin" quality.

But, the irony (imho) DC has given us the greatest funnybook movies to date: The Dark Knight, Superman: The Movie, Batman Begins, Superman II (troubled production too) and the animated The Dark Knight Returns.

So, I'm sure things will work out.

Eventually.

Not sure if DC movies are in trouble if the maistream is still buying the "swampland" they keep selling.

But, the irony (imho) DC has given us the greatest funnybook movies to date: The Dark Knight, Superman: The Movie, Batman Begins, Superman II (troubled production too) and the animated The Dark Knight Returns.

Eventually.

Those are all great indeed, but Marvel has given us the first Iron Man, The Avengers, three Captain America films, Antman, X-Men First Class, plus GotG, and Deadpool. 9-5, advantage Marvel.

Eventually.

Those are all great indeed, but Marvel has given us the first Iron Man, The Avengers, three Captain America films, Antman, X-Men First Class, plus GotG, and Deadpool. 9-5, advantage Marvel.

You're forgetting the best comic film of all-time X-Men: Days of Future Past, as well as X2: X-Men United, Spider-man, Spider-man 2.

Eventually.

You're forgetting the best comic film of all-time X-Men: Days of Future Past, as well as X2: X-Men United, Spider-man, Spider-man 2.

Personally, I think the first Spiderman was great. I thought about adding that, but somehow didn't. I wouldn't argue that DoFP isn't a great film, but i thought it was just very good. X-Men 2 and Spiderman 2 were good/very good to me, which is why i didn't include them.

Eventually.

Personally, I think the first Spiderman was great. I thought about adding that, but somehow didn't. I wouldn't argue that DoFP isn't a great film, but i thought it was just very good. X-Men 2 and Spiderman 2 were good/very good to me, which is why i didn't include them.

- Spider-Man 2: One of the best Marvel-focused productions. That Doc Ock portrayal by Alfred Molina where he went from good guy to villain and back again to save the city was fantastic!

- Days of Future Past: So many X-Universe characters portrayed in a way it all came together to be a classic comic book movies. Even the Jennifer Lawrence acting complemented the story versus detracting like in Apocalypse.

:applause:

Eventually.

Love those two :cloud9:

Eventually.

Love those two :cloud9:

don't forget BLADE!