• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I saw this and drooled all over myself.

156 posts in this topic

I wouldn't give you the satisfaction. I simply have a different view on this book than most board members do. Should I be hung out to dry because of it?

Actually you should be hung to dry for it. The reason these boards are interesting to read for the most part is the wealth of collecting experience each of the people have here. These boards don't really cater to the Wizard-reading, Hulk 181-drooling crowd. If you want that try some of the other fanboy boards.

I'm sure most of the people here would rather own other books than a Hulk 181. Not to mention that Hulk 181 has been talked about ad nausem on these boards, so there really isn't much else to talk about.

Lok, you are now #1 on my [#@$%!!!] list. I realize most board members here are "only 9.4 or higher silver age books are worth my time" wannabes who probably find scans of books on other internet sites to post here as their "own." But that doesn't give you the right to denounce me as a collector only because I have different collecting interests. I'm still a collector, no matter what books I choose to collect. I'm only 26 years old. I didn't grow up with silver age books, therefore, I really don't give a [#@$%!!!] about them. You worry about your collection, and let me worry about my own collecting interests.

gossip.gif In other words, 893censored-thumb.gif OFF!!!

Anyone else got anything to say about my excitement over a 9.6 Hulk 181??? I don't live on eBay like some of you posers do. I just happened to look this morning cause I felt like looking and the first one I saw was the 9.6, and I said "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I WANT IT." Anyone else got any "hollier than thou" comments for me because they think they're better than me ... only because they have no life outside of comics??

Dude...Don't let Chunk get to you.

He lives for that.

You're just putting the icing on his cake. gossip.gif

You've stepped away from the gay insults to the fat insults. Wow, I guess the mother insults can't be that far behind.

You and Hobby make a fine pair.

All -- My point is, I posted that auction because (1) I wasn't aware of how many 9.6's there are out there, and (2) I like the looks of it.

I went on my RANT because no one would leave me be about it. If those who have posted here didn't have anything good or nice to post, then DON'T POST on this thread. Instead, I get replies that insinuate I'm "not a collector" because Hulk 181 is a [#@$%!!!] comic that no one cares about. What's up with that?

I'm lashing out that those who had nothing nice to say.

Head on over to www.comicspriceguide.com and have a nice chat in the "Who would win? Superman:Red or Superman: Blue" thread. I think you'll find those boards to be more your speed. Your hysterics will blend in nicely with those of the other members as well.

sign-funnypost.gif

I have to fess up and give Kevin Davenport (from STL) credit for the Superman: Red vs. Superman: Blue line though. It's his. I just stole it. yay.gif

All -- My point is, I posted that auction because (1) I wasn't aware of how many 9.6's there are out there, and (2) I like the looks of it.

I went on my RANT because no one would leave me be about it. If those who have posted here didn't have anything good or nice to post, then DON'T POST on this thread. Instead, I get replies that insinuate I'm "not a collector" because Hulk 181 is a [#@$%!!!] comic that no one cares about. What's up with that?

You're still here? 893whatthe.gif

You're 26?

what are you insinuating?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe he is insinuating that you didn't grow up with Bronze Age books either.

True, but the first books I ever purchased with my own earned money when I was 11 or so were X-Men #6 and 7 of the '91 series. Which both had Wolverine on the cover and featured a Wolverine story.

I never said you weren't a collector. It's fine if you worship Hulk 181. Hell, I love AT#25. I could care less how you feel. I just think you are barking up the worng tree by posting about how great it is on these boards. We don't really care.

Do as FFB suggested and gush about on the CPG boards. You will plenty of people who will also gush about how great a 9.6 copy is.

Or just change your name again, and we will revisit this in a couple months. popcorn.gif

Oh, I'm going nowhere. Until I get banned (without just cause), I'm here to stay.

I never said you weren't a collector. It's fine if you worship Hulk 181. Hell, I love AT#25. I could care less how you feel. I just think you are barking up the worng tree by posting about how great it is on these boards. We don't really care.

Do as FFB suggested and gush about on the CPG boards. You will plenty of people who will also gush about how great a 9.6 copy is.

Or just change your name again, and we will revisit this in a couple months. popcorn.gif

LOK ... I thought I posted this before, but I was unaware of the number of 9.6 and 9.4 copies of this book are out there. I saw this one and just felt like I had to post it, not even realizing how many were for sale on eBay. I don't research the CGC census. I don't really care about it. So all it really would have taken was one person to say "yeah, there are a lot of them out there, you'll get one someday." And that would have probably been the end of this thread. But instead people have to get me all riled up and ornery.

Oh, I'm going nowhere. Until I get banned (without just cause), I'm here to stay.

With or without Lithium? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

LOK ... I thought I posted this before, but I was unaware of the number of 9.6 and 9.4 copies of this book are out there. I saw this one and just felt like I had to post it, not even realizing how many were for sale on eBay. I don't research the CGC census. I don't really care about it. So all it really would have taken was one person to say "yeah, there are a lot of them out there, you'll get one someday." And that would have probably been the end of this thread. But instead people have to get me all riled up and ornery.

Hey Hobby I can understand that. Very valid reasoning. I apologize for my appearance of attacking you. flowerred.gif

Now go change your name, so we can put this all behind us. gossip.gif

Yeah, okay, so maybe I somewhat egged people on a bit. I do feel that too many people here worry about good SA books, not enough copper and modern collectors, although there are a few.

Still don't appreciate what Deathlok said. That's what threw me off the deep end. And due to his infatuation with AT 25, he really had NO room to say it. Just like in the "domain" thread last night. Trying to get me to change my name on purpose. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr.

Good, don't let people scare you off. That being said, there is no need to freak out whenever someone is less than enthusiastic about something you post. For the record, I am younger than you and have spent less on a single book than you have, but I don't feel the need to lash out at HG collectors (well, almost never). I realize that some posters can come across as effete snobs, but it rarely seems intentional. The fact of the matter is, most people on here have decades of collecting under their belts. A book that would floor you or me they may have seen 100 times over. My suggestion to you is that you attempt to fit in a little better with the tone of the boards and roll with the punches. Hope you stick around...

Hey Hobby I can understand that. Very valid reasoning. I apologize for my appearance of attacking you. flowerred.gif

Now go change your name, so we can put this all behind us. gossip.gif

Don't think for one second that this makes us friends. 27_laughing.gif

Next AT 25 copy I ever find, I'm going to set it on fire, take pics, and send them to you. devil.gif

Look, I really am a nice guy. Those who really know me know that. I just cannot take being hit from all directions and teamed up on. Don't do that to me! sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif