• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I saw this and drooled all over myself.

156 posts in this topic

Just picked up a 9.9 copy for a fraction of the price. tongue.gif

You better post that [#@$%!!!]. smile.gif I wanna see it.

gossip.gif You've got a copy of last year's Overstreet (34th edition), don't you? Just look on page 989.

He didn't buy last years OS. foreheadslap.gif

gossip.gif You've got a copy of last year's Overstreet (34th edition), don't you? Just look on page 989.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Could've sworn I remember another forum member selling him their copy.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Could've sworn I remember another forum member selling him their copy.

That could be then. He posted one time about how he never owned an OS and that the #35 would be his first purchase of one. He said he usually refers to Wizard for prices.

Don't own a Hulk 181, probably never will. confused-smiley-013.gif

Greggy, speaking of the pot calling the kettle black...

Jerk poke2.gif BTW...like I give a rat's arse what anyone calls me! screwy.gif

Doody - head. sumo.gif

Brit Imperialist wannabe! poke2.gif

Commonwealth lackey!!! cool.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif You can pick on Greggy all you want but easy on the canuck references - its not our fault MK hasn't been able to deport him yet.

Wuss

Isn't Western Canada just an extension of the US Pacific Northwest anyway? When I think of Vancouver, I don't think Canada. I think Washington, near Seattle.

Okay now your talking out of your arse. People that live in Washington wish they were part of B.C., get it straight. They can keep their trailer parks. poke2.gif

Don't own a Hulk 181, probably never will. confused-smiley-013.gif

Greggy, speaking of the pot calling the kettle black...

Jerk poke2.gif BTW...like I give a rat's arse what anyone calls me! screwy.gif

Doody - head. sumo.gif

Brit Imperialist wannabe! poke2.gif

Commonwealth lackey!!! cool.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif You can pick on Greggy all you want but easy on the canuck references - its not our fault MK hasn't been able to deport him yet.

Wuss

Isn't Western Canada just an extension of the US Pacific Northwest anyway? When I think of Vancouver, I don't think Canada. I think Washington, near Seattle.

Okay now your talking out of your arse. People that live in Washington wish they were part of B.C., get it straight. They can keep their trailer parks. poke2.gif

Well, hey, I'm just giving you the depiction of B.C. by the general public of the Midwest. thumbsup2.gif

So you are saying that people in the Midwest (OK) have no idea the difference geographically between Vancouver and Seattle?

Perhaps you should change your title to "learning challenged" poke2.gif

So you are saying that people in the Midwest (OK) have no idea the difference geographically between Vancouver and Seattle?

I said nothing about "geographical difference." I just meant that there's a good chance the B.C. countryside looks identical to that of Washington. Much like Oklahoma looks identical to Texas. Geez. screwy.gif

I said nothing about "geographical difference." I just meant that there's a good chance the B.C. countryside looks identical to that of Washington. Much like Oklahoma looks identical to Texas. Geez. screwy.gif

Good thing we're getting some of the pro sports teams out of that area though. The Grizzlies and Expos were going to amount to absolutely nothing in Canada.

poke2.gif

man, somebody's feeling a mite sensitive today.

that book is the prime example of the collectables exception to the "supply v. demand setting price" models. there are TONS of this book in HG and yet it still grabs a hefty premium. 4 thou for a 9.6?

i don't know if there ever will be "a crash" - at least not in the market entire, for a number of reasons - but i can definitely see certain books rapidly devaluing. this one would be close to the top of my list of likely candidates

actually, my sense is that while there is a "Super" supply of this book in all grades, it is matched by a "Super" demand............many much rarer and older books in 9.6 don't come any where close to pulling in $4K+, because, the demand for them just isn't there........................there's a helluva lot of Wolvy fans out there.............. grin.gif

And will be for a long time!

Davidking623

Good thing we're getting some of the pro sports teams out of that area though. The Grizzlies and Expos were going to amount to absolutely nothing in Canada.

poke2.gif

Grizzlies are good once Jerry West became their GM.

I wouldn't give you the satisfaction. I simply have a different view on this book than most board members do. Should I be hung out to dry because of it?

Actually you should be hung to dry for it. The reason these boards are interesting to read for the most part is the wealth of collecting experience each of the people have here. These boards don't really cater to the Wizard-reading, Hulk 181-drooling crowd. If you want that try some of the other fanboy boards.

I'm sure most of the people here would rather own other books than a Hulk 181. Not to mention that Hulk 181 has been talked about ad nausem on these boards, so there really isn't much else to talk about.

Lok, you are now #1 on my [#@$%!!!] list. I realize most board members here are "only 9.4 or higher silver age books are worth my time" wannabes who probably find scans of books on other internet sites to post here as their "own." But that doesn't give you the right to denounce me as a collector only because I have different collecting interests. I'm still a collector, no matter what books I choose to collect. I'm only 26 years old. I didn't grow up with silver age books, therefore, I really don't give a [#@$%!!!] about them. You worry about your collection, and let me worry about my own collecting interests.

gossip.gif In other words, 893censored-thumb.gif OFF!!!

Anyone else got anything to say about my excitement over a 9.6 Hulk 181??? I don't live on eBay like some of you posers do. I just happened to look this morning cause I felt like looking and the first one I saw was the 9.6, and I said "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I WANT IT." Anyone else got any "hollier than thou" comments for me because they think they're better than me ... only because they have no life outside of comics??

Yes I do have something to say over your excitment over one! This is one of the most quality investments in this grade of this book.I still havent owned one myself and its inevitable I will.I would probably be thrilled at seeing one let alone owning one Graded CGC 9.6 So when you say your drooling over this book beleive me, your not the only one as there are plenty of players that would love to own it in this condition.A lot of people hate this book because it has been overly debated and discussed to much, as in this thread but dont let that bother you they will always be there to chip it down and that works great for me.

There are a lot of guys on this board that really get lost and maybe have forgotten where they were in there lives at one time.I mean we are'nt all born rich or we wouldnt be here discussing about comics but rather buying them and selling them like dealers do when they come onto these boards to offer such.I dont mean to rain on anyones parade here but take a step back and give the guy a break because this is his Holy Grail! We all have one whether it be a comic book,Car, Girlfiend ,Wife or who knows retirement!

Well off to more exciting things. Gotta go see if I won another Hulk 181

Davidking623

That could be then. He posted one time about how he never owned an OS and that the #35 would be his first purchase of one. He said he usually refers to Wizard for prices.

yeahok.gif

Yes, Bradley, I did buy #34 from a board member, and bought #35 the day it was released.

Yes I do have something to say over your excitment over one! This is one of the most quality investments in this grade of this book.I still havent owned one myself and its inevitable I will.I would probably be thrilled at seeing one let alone owning one Graded CGC 9.6 So when you say your drooling over this book beleive me, your not the only one as there are plenty of players that would love to own it in this condition.A lot of people hate this book because it has been overly debated and discussed to much, as in this thread but dont let that bother you they will always be there to chip it down and that works great for me.

There are a lot of guys on this board that really get lost and maybe have forgotten where they were in there lives at one time.I mean we are'nt all born rich or we wouldnt be here discussing about comics but rather buying them and selling them like dealers do when they come onto these boards to offer such.I dont mean to rain on anyones parade here but take a step back and give the guy a break because this is his Holy Grail! We all have one whether it be a comic book,Car, Girlfiend,Wife or who knows retirement!

Davidking623

Freudian slip? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hobby, don't worry about it. People here are just yanking your chain for a little fun. Hey, look at the bright side, at least they're responding to your comments. 99.99% of the time, I feel like I'm responding to my own posts, since no one else notices. crazy.gif

Agreed. Now somebody say something nice about my Batman #23 in the "this week in your collection" thread, dammit!!! sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

Hobby, don't worry about it. People here are just yanking your chain for a little fun. Hey, look at the bright side, at least they're responding to your comments. 99.99% of the time, I feel like I'm responding to my own posts, since no one else notices. crazy.gif

Agreed. Now somebody say something nice about my Batman #23 in the "this week in your collection" thread, dammit!!! sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

Well below guide! hail.gif

"something nice about my Batman #23 in the "this week in your collection" thread, dammit!!! "

Ze-

poke2.gif

Just like half the NHL teams in the US..... poke2.gif

There are a lot of guys on this board that really get lost and maybe have forgotten where they were in there lives at one time.I mean we are'nt all born rich or we wouldnt be here discussing about comics but rather buying them and selling them like dealers do when they come onto these boards to offer such.I dont mean to rain on anyones parade here but take a step back and give the guy a break because this is his Holy Grail! We all have one whether it be a comic book,Car, Girlfiend,Wife or who knows retirement!

Davidking623

Freudian slip? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Must be delusional as I did win another one!

Davidking623

PS A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.

Nope-No Way!!! I am done with the chromium variant!!!!! My questuions were answered.....there are alot of dumb MF'ers spending major$$ on a $10 dollar book...and that is the last I will say about ASM CFV!!!!! sumo.gif

Plus Bradley will ride me to my grave about it!!!!!!!!!! insane.gif