• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I saw this and drooled all over myself.

156 posts in this topic

Hobby, don't worry about it. People here are just yanking your chain for a little fun. Hey, look at the bright side, at least they're responding to your comments. 99.99% of the time, I feel like I'm responding to my own posts, since no one else notices. crazy.gif

Hobby, don't worry about it. People here are just yanking your chain for a little fun. Hey, look at the bright side, at least they're responding to your comments. 99.99% of the time, I feel like I'm responding to my own posts, since no one else notices. crazy.gif

sleeping.gif

stooges.gif

sleeping.gif

stooges.gif

Goddamit you beat me to every [#@$%!!!] post! Christo_pull_hair.gif

sleeping.gif

stooges.gif

The Force is strong within you. But you are not a Jedi yet, young October_Fire. yay.gif

After I, and several other pointed out that the book is relatively common, even in CGC 9.6, you could have said, "Wow, I didn't know that, but to me, it still a book that I'd really like to have".

Then:

1) You confirmed that you have learned something from these boards

2) Regardless of the information presented to you, you still like what you like

Which is what these boards should be about. Sharing information and acknowledging what we like.

OK, now I'm ready to run for president. acclaim.gif

Yikes.. when I saw this thread was 3 pages long I said to myself...."Self".." what on earth are they talking about for 3 pages?"

This thread speaks vomumes about the dichotomy of our little forum.

Something which we all need to work on...... respecting the other guys perspective.

No matter the subject.. be it new or old.

Ze-

I do feel that too many people here worry about good SA books,

I hear ya but don't worry they've got it all wrong gossip.gif

not enough copper and modern collectors, although there are a few.

and growing... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

And due to his infatuation with AT 25, he really had NO room to say it.

I can't talk here - I have about 50 copies of the Xmen issue where we find out Xorn is Magneto and I bought them all at different times. Whenever I was in a comic shop, I 'd just pick it up - like Mel Gibson and Catcher in the Rye in that movie. My new (really old) obsession to hoard is Xmen variants devil.gif I go thru phases of infatuation. I did so with Submariner 8, DD 7, USM 1 white and DF - then eventually I'd get sick of it, slab the copies and sell em confused-smiley-013.gif

sleeping.gif

stooges.gif

The Force is strong within you. But you are not a Jedi yet, young October_Fire. yay.gif

One has to wake up pretty early in the morning to get the drop on you. thumbsup2.gif

Don't think for one second that this makes us friends. 27_laughing.gif

Next AT 25 copy I ever find, I'm going to set it on fire, take pics, and send them to you. devil.gif

Look, I really am a nice guy. Those who really know me know that. I just cannot take being hit from all directions and teamed up on. Don't do that to me! sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

Burn them all for all I care. Just makes my copies more scarce then. acclaim.gif

Those that know you? Who have you met from the boards in person? Who is Hobgoblin really? (insert wisecrack about Jason Macendale, et al.)

Next AT 25 copy I ever find, I'm going to set it on fire, take pics, and send them to you. devil.gif

Look, I really am a nice guy. Those who really know me know that. I just cannot take being hit from all directions and teamed up on. Don't do that to me! sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

Burn them all for all I care. Just makes my copies more scarce then. acclaim.gif

Those that know you? Who have you met from the boards in person? Who is Hobgoblin really? (insert wisecrack about Jason Macendale, et al.)

I mean that I have dealt with board members. And they know that I'm easy to deal with. Actually death, that's not a bad idea. I'll go pick up every copy of AT 25 that I can, and burn all but one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Has anyone ever tried a stunt like that to make a book more valuable?

I just prefer to buy as many copies of one book and keep them instead of burnign them. makes more sense? Means you have ALL the copies and realse one for a large amount every few years 27_laughing.gif

I mean that I have dealt with board members. And they know that I'm easy to deal with. Actually death, that's not a bad idea. I'll go pick up every copy of AT 25 that I can, and burn all but one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Only Scrooge McDuck. gossip.gif In the end it turned out that he made the coin so rare only he could afford it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah.. Spawn #1.. I tried to burn them all. But it became larger then a used tire fire.. and cannot be put out.

And I was only half way through too.

Ze-

Remember all those IM/Subby issues, he had about 800+ copies that issue, and there was still plenty to go around. foreheadslap.gif

I do feel that too many people here worry about good SA books,

I hear ya but don't worry they've got it all wrong gossip.gif

not enough copper and modern collectors, although there are a few.

and growing... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

And due to his infatuation with AT 25, he really had NO room to say it.

I can't talk here - I have about 50 copies of the Xmen issue where we find out Xorn is Magneto and I bought them all at different times. Whenever I was in a comic shop, I 'd just pick it up - like Mel Gibson and Catcher in the Rye in that movie. My new (really old) obsession to hoard is Xmen variants devil.gif I go thru phases of infatuation. I did so with Submariner 8, DD 7, USM 1 white and DF - then eventually I'd get sick of it, slab the copies and sell em confused-smiley-013.gif

Darth Hordes Comic books, now theres a 893censored-thumb.gif shocker 27_laughing.gif loe that issue of New X-men by the way. Anyway Hulk 181 is like one of those books that makes the hobby interesting. I love wolvie, grew up in the Wolvie worship era, where he hit his stride after the Mini. I love comics, yet if I subbed a 181 and it came back 9.6 - I would sell it without a glimpse of regret and buy a slabbed 9.4. The price discrepancy is just too out of whack. So Hobgob when you are ready to buy yoru Hulk 181 these boards may be the best friend you ever have. Understanding the market is important even when and I woudl argue especially when going for yoru grail.......