• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Starting my own Internet Show about Collecting Comic Books

73 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I recently joined a discussion with musicians on a Youtube channel and I had a blast talking with these guys. It sparked my thoughts for doing a show of my own all about comics.

I am starting a Live Comic Book discussion page which will be all about discussing comic books, original art, props, statues, etc. Anything related to comics with special guests all talking comics.

It is called "Marc's Classic Comics Discussion".

I'm planning on starting my pilot show tonight at 9pm EST and if I'm allowed i'll post a link. I don't want to use the forum to spam my stuff and annoy anyone at CGC or members here.

If you are interested in the show, i'd love to hear ideas for topics and of course, we will be taking questions etc.

I plan on having guests including other collectors we know here and elsewhere, dealers, artists, etc.

It's going to be a blast.

Would people watch this? Probably just to ridicule me right? lol

I'm not a broadcasting expert so it will be rough to start i'm sure but I just plan on discussing things that I enjoy. And, it won't involve any negative stuff. I want to keep it all positive about comics.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDFU954F3MDcB19qNgvv5bA

Here's the link and thank you for checking it out.

I definitely don't want to cross any rules here by posting this. Fingers crossed.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDFU954F3MDcB19qNgvv5bA

If you subscribe you will get notifications when I am going live.

I hope to see everyone online!

Oh great, Another Mark Youtube channel.

Do you have a face for TV or maybe you should stick with streaming audio?

You don't happen to be a Crow fan?

lol I've always stuck to radio because of this

Will the backdrop of your Youtube show be your man cave or your local comic shop? In the Vancouver, BC area, there seems to be a monthly 2 person 'The Hartley Show' that is filmed at Tazmanian Comics with an overhead boom mike for better sound then uploaded onto Youtube. (shrug)

Marc's got the showman bug

Should be fun

Congrats and good luck. I'm assuming shows will somehow be saved so I can go back and watch em?

I enjoyed metro's radio talkshow quite a bit back in the day so as long as its fresh, this could be fun.

Hopefully you show off all your tats :wishluck:

Hopefully you save all your CGC bashing for the other forum.

Thanks! I might show the tattoos one day sure. That would be cool.

And no bashing anything on my channel. All positive talk about the comics we love and enjoy.

:applause:

Will the backdrop of your Youtube show be your man cave or your local comic shop? In the Vancouver, BC area, there seems to be a monthly 2 person 'The Hartley Show' that is filmed at Tazmanian Comics with an overhead boom mike for better sound then uploaded onto Youtube. (shrug)

Thanks and the show will be from my Man Cave. I'll have a microphone to do the broadcast so the Audio should be good. I hope. But I expect challenges in the beginning until I get it all sorted out.

Hope to see you there

Marc's got the showman bug

Should be fun

Congrats and good luck. I'm assuming shows will somehow be saved so I can go back and watch em?

I enjoyed metro's radio talkshow quite a bit back in the day so as long as its fresh, this could be fun.

Thanks bud and yes all shows will be saved to my channel for future viewing.

I hope to keep the topics fresh and with some interesting guests (hint hint) it should be a blast.

:)

Lots of female cosplayers please lol

I don't think my wife will go for it. :)

Seriously, I doubt there will be many women on my show, if any. But I'm open to anyone who wants to join. Sharon is welcome to be a guest!