• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auctions punted from ebay due to my posting "See My Other Auctions"

Which Charltons will surge: War or horror?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which Charltons will surge: War or horror?

37 posts in this topic

apparently, comics people do not get the gist of your argot, my man. why not try de-obfuscating, and speaking plain? everyday talk around here will get you places; being intentionally obscure and obtuse will only cause ridicule. see above.

oh, and the correct answer to your poll is "neither." as in "neither are worth a damn." unless it's a Ditko and not a reprint

he's saying someone complained to ebay about his keyword spamming and had his auctions pulled. his position is that comic collectors would understand why he put those words in his auction.

i don't know what the "waiting for lefty" quote is, unless he's implying we should all move away from ebay. confused-smiley-013.gif

he's saying someone complained to ebay about his keyword spamming and had his auctions pulled. his position is that comic collectors would understand why he put those words in his auction.

I saw the auctions in question. They were the spammiest auctions I'd ever seen. "cgc" + related (but not specific to the auction) keywords in the title, hundreds of keywords in the body text, etc. etc. etc. His books probably showed up on a significant percentage of all comics searches while they were running. You can see some of the titles and keyword lists in this guy's modern forum post.

i don't know what the "waiting for lefty" quote is, unless he's implying we should all move away from ebay. confused-smiley-013.gif

Sure, I understand how the words "rape", "incest", "torture", "sex", "masterbation" pertain to those 70s Marvel romance books. They were full of that stuff. screwy.gif

He's a blithering bloviating boob... screwy.gif

Bloviating - good word. I never heard of it before, I believe I will be filing it for later usage. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bloviating

You don't watch "the Factor" on FOX?

poke2.gif

Bloviating - good word. I never heard of it before, I believe I will be filing it for later usage. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bloviating

poke2.gif

Hence my knowledge of the word... thumbsup2.gif

Bloviating

poke2.gif

Hence my knowledge of the word... thumbsup2.gif

Me too! acclaim.gif

I will not go away and I will stare down, up into your very (probably) ugly face, and spit into it when I'm dissed. I'm not throwing down. If you want to pick this up - Well, then, FLAME ON! (As in GAME ON!) You ugly loser. Pick it up! Go on, girl. Or, "You go, girl"

You used that exact same insult before on someone!

I will not go away and I will stare down, up into your very (probably) ugly face, and spit into it when I'm dissed. I'm not throwing down. If you want to pick this up - Well, then, FLAME ON! (As in GAME ON!) You ugly loser. Pick it up! Go on, girl. Or, "You go, girl"

Practice makes perfect! thumbsup2.gif

After another 500 times he'll get the grammer right! 27_laughing.gif

Or the Hammer right?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Or the Hammer right?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Did those auctions include EXACT SHIPPING?Try that one next time in the heading and let us know.

Davidking623