• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books that are primed to crash.

46 posts in this topic

The Walking Dead post #100 Issues

Every month you read flippers brag and gloat about horsing 50+ Copies per issue, citing guaranteed money in the bank.

The wheels on the zombie bus will fall off when it comes to the fact, it is no longer a hidden gem nor niche cult classic with small press runs.

I foresee to age in dollar bins as those holding too much inventory in the name of greed and not flipping quickly for fast smaller profits find out there may be more supply than demand on the issues they are hoarding today in tomorrow's market.

Every month you read flippers brag and gloat about horsing 50+ Copies per issue, citing guaranteed money in the bank.

The wheels on the zombie bus will fall off when it comes to the fact, it is no longer a hidden gem nor niche cult classic with small press runs.

I foresee to age in dollar bins as those holding too much inventory in the name of greed and not flipping quickly for fast smaller profits find out there may be more supply than demand on the issues they are hoarding today in tomorrow's market.

IMHO, I see all issues other than #1, at some point cooling off considerably once the series and TV show ends.

If you are buying them pre-order there is profit to be made. They will sell.

these threads tend to blow up, because those who own the books that end up getting mentioned, get bent out of shape.

Thought less so then when contrary opinions get mentioned in a boosting/cheerleading thread specific to a given book

these threads tend to blow up, because those who own the books that end up getting mentioned, get bent out of shape.

Thought less so then when contrary opinions get mentioned in a boosting/cheerleading thread specific to a given book

Exactly (thumbs u

So many treads about the people looking for the next big book that will hit it big. This thread is the cynical thread. What currently pricey books do you think are set to crash.

IMO CGC 9.8 copies of the first appearances of minor characters like Moon Knight and Luke Cage. Currently 9.8 copies are selling for 5 figures. It would not surprise me to see their value drop over 50% in the next 5 to 10 years.

DC Rebirth books. Once they do another renumbering and/or reboot these will be forgotten.

I don't expect to see another renumbering/reboot from DC anytime soon. They reverted back to the universe they had in the first place and I expect it to stay that way for the foreseeable future. It isn't like they reboot/re-number constantly like Marvel has been.