• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Runaways" are heading to Hulu. Deadline reports

21 posts in this topic

I am a big fan of Molly Hayes as a comic book character, but she could easily become super-annoying in a live-action adaptation. Is there any idea on what channel the show would air in Canada?

I am a big fan of Molly Hayes as a comic book character, but she could easily become super-annoying in a live-action adaptation. Is there any idea on what channel the show would air in Canada?

Hulu, web based streaming service..

ugh. why does it have to be on hulu though?

Disney recently acquired a 30% ownership interest in Hulu. Disney, as we all know, also owns Marvel. From a business standpoint, it would appear Marvel/Disney has more of a vested interest in shows on Hulu vs. the ones on Netflix. That being said, I hope the quality of the Hulu show is at the same level as what we've seen for Marvel shows on Netflix.

I hate hulu. You can watch for free with a bunch of commercials. or you can pay a subscription fee to watch fewer commercials? I'll wait until someone pulls it & throws in on Torrent at that point. I refuse to watch commercials if I'm paying for a subscription service (yes yes, I know... my cable company has commercials and I pay a subscription fee to them too. I don't care. It's different)

(yes yes, I know... my cable company has commercials and I pay a subscription fee to them too. I don't care. It's different)

How so?

I don't know how to explain it. But it's different in my brain. I don't see a Hulu subscription as the same as cable. I see it more like I'm mostly paying for instant access to a library of DVDs/BluRay's of 99% old content. I just have this aversion to dealing with commercials when I'm paying specifically for the convenience of on-demand viewing.

(yes yes, I know... my cable company has commercials and I pay a subscription fee to them too. I don't care. It's different)

How so?

I don't know how to explain it. But it's different in my brain. I don't see a Hulu subscription as the same as cable. I see it more like I'm mostly paying for instant access to a library of DVDs/BluRay's of 99% old content. I just have this aversion to dealing with commercials when I'm paying specifically for the convenience of on-demand viewing.

You're not the first person to feel that way.

I harken back to the old radio model. Some shows were sustaining, others were not.

In that model, you will see commercials during that old content viewing. You would not see videos when watching a Hulu original. Are there commercials during Hulu original shows? The idea is one pays for the other.

From what I know, you get commercials during all Hulu content. You just get fewer commercials if you pay for a subscription.

The idea for Hulu was that the commercials pay for the hosting & delivery & add some extra revenue for stuff that's already paid for when it's first aired on TV (since Hulu was designed as a joint venture between a few networks so they didn't have to host on Myspace or maintain their own sites anymore)

But it's become an independent entity & the same networks are essentially double-dipping out of it now. Still get the broadcast TV revenue and now are selling the rights to Hulu (even though they kinda all still have a stake in it?) which allows them to justify charging people.