• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are my DD #1s trimmed?

15 posts in this topic

I just brought out some comics I bought when I was a teen, and had put away without looking for years. I'm scanning them in, and on both of these DDs, the right edge looks way skewed. OMG, do I have trimmed comics? Or is this just a normal defect from back in the day? I'm looking not just at the angle, but at how close they are to the Comic Code stamp image.

DD%20v1%201%20VG.jpeg

and:

DD%201%20F-VF.jpeg

I am not the OO; I bought them as a teen from an ad in the back of the old newsprint CBG's.

One the one hand, they both have edges that skew rather than running parallel to the graphic boxes with the character faces in them. OTOH, since they *both* do that, and they're not from the same seller, perhaps that suggests this is normal.

You could put the up against each other to see if they're the same size. If either are trimmed, they won't be. I'd suspect the smaller one would be. If they are both the same size that would be a pretty good indicator they are not trimmed. I've think I've seen a few DD 1's cut that way down the right side.

and not all SA books were cut the same from what I've read on that forum

hope that earlier reply didn't sound snotty-- I was asking when you bought it (what year approximately) as that might help. Trimming books is uncommon until the last 15-20 years (someone would be better versed on this than me though).

You could put the up against each other to see if they're the same size. If either are trimmed, they won't be. I'd suspect the smaller one would be. If they are both the same size that would be a pretty good indicator they are not trimmed. I've think I've seen a few DD 1's cut that way down the right side.

This is not correct. Size is not a sound indicator of trimming.

This is not correct. Size is not a sound indicator of trimming.

I stand corrected. It's quite possible 2 books, neither of which were trimmed, could be a different size.

Silverseeker, that is EXACTLY what I'm seeing on mine too--thank you so much! That puts me at ease completely.

Oh, and that's a stunning 7.0 book, too!

You're very welcome.

Thanks for the kind words about my DD #1! After I received it I cracked it out and read it, and it now rests happily in a mylar/mylite combo with a backing board...it's one of my favorite books.